GO AWAY 8 of Cups!!

harmony1985

Ok i have just done a spread and in the outcome position was the 8 of cups....This is the last straw!! I was going to post about this ages ago because whenever a card falls out of the deck whilst shuffling I can almost guarantee it is the 8 of cups, it always is...it always pops up in my spreads...it always pops up when i draw clarifying cards...it is the card at the bottom of the pack hiding from me peeking out GAAH!
It jumped out twice when shuffling in the same shuffle yesterday and one day a week or so ago it jumped out 4 times in one session, a couple of hours, but still, what are the chances! The Emperor is nearly as bad but thats another story!!

I know the basic of 8 of cups meaning...leaving something behind to search for something more meaningful but does this mean in any context? Love, work, money, a way of life?
I kno that my deck is obviously screaming for my attention because i havent changed anything cos i am not sure what it is.
Any extra help about this card is much appreciated thank u :)

mystic mal

Maybe its telling you to give up on the love and romance part of your life to give your full attention to something else,career? family? your finances? etc which is priority at the moment and put love on a back burner till a later date?

Starling

This is the card where all of the cups are neatly set up before the figure turns his back and walks away. I've always thought he was just finished with whatever the cups represents and was ready for something new.

The cups aren't turned over. Nothing has spilled out of it. Everything is neat and clean. I'm not sure this is an instead of situation so much as an in addition to situation. The person walking away has set things up so they will come home to a "clean house" when they are ready to return.

If you put the 8 of Cups down and pull clarification cards in addition to it, that will probably solve the problem of what you need to put your attention on.

Karen48

...leave your comfort zone and follow your dreams...

K :)

willowfox

Perhaps it is suggesting that your life no longer is satisfying to you and that you need to branch out, take a trip, go somewhere different and see what is on offer.

sunflowr

Starling said:
This is the card where all of the cups are neatly set up before the figure turns his back and walks away. I've always thought he was just finished with whatever the cups represents and was ready for something new.

The cups aren't turned over. Nothing has spilled out of it. Everything is neat and clean. I'm not sure this is an instead of situation so much as an in addition to situation. The person walking away has set things up so they will come home to a "clean house" when they are ready to return.

If you put the 8 of Cups down and pull clarification cards in addition to it, that will probably solve the problem of what you need to put your attention on.

Maybe she's done all she can w/ a certain situation, so she is putting her affairs "in order", and then leaving for something better. ...

YDM42

It often means for me a "restless desire" for something higher. Wanting that fulfillment. From the tone of you post, you are becoming very "restless with it".

FaireMaiden

For me, the 8 of Cups falls under the aegis of 'Patience'... To, 'let go and let god', so-to-speak...

The Moon is eclipting the Sun... the day is done... and, for me, this means that everything that could be done, has been done... That it is now time to let the Astral/Lunar do its part in manifesting what you have, in a very Conscious/Material/Solar way, been setting up to create...

The 8 cups are all lined up... like ducks in a row... hence, the old saying... The next stage is the 9, fulfillment...

To have Spirit hitting you over the head with this card is possibly saying that you are trying to control an outcome... or are dwelling far too much on the future, thereby rendering your happiness in the 'Now' negligible...

To lust after results, to feel desperate for a guarantee, reveals a lack of maturity in our faith that the Universe has heard us... as well as a lack of faith in ourselves that we have done what we could to effect the kind of change we want to see...

Teheuti

harmony1985 said:
whenever a card falls out of the deck whilst shuffling I can almost guarantee it is the 8 of cups, it always is...it always pops up in my spreads...it always pops up when i draw clarifying cards...it is the card at the bottom of the pack hiding from me peeking out GAAH!
This is a perfect situation for using _21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card_. You could join the study group and work through the instructions there or get the book and do the processes with the 8 of Cups. I guarantee you'll come to a deep understanding of what this card is doing in your life - perhaps many levels of understanding.

I don't mean this to be a promo for my book - but rather one of the prime reasons for working with the techniques there.

Mary

sapienza

I agree with Mary, I'd be doing some serious work with this card. I had a period a few years ago where I got this card constantly as well....I actually came to really like it and now it's always a favourite of mine.

I know it's tempting to ask for clarification from others but remember that what the card means for you is what the card means TO you. Does that make sense? I mean when you see this card, what does it mean? What does it make you feel? Try and get in touch with the emotions that it triggers and the feelings that you have. Really spend time with the card. And again I would echo Mary....work with the card. Use some of her techniques or others if you choose, but come up with a meaning that is right for you.

I feel really excited for you, the universe is sending you a message....enjoy the journey to discovering it!