Grandville, Grimaud, La Sibylle des Salons

Freddie

Hi Ladybird,

I haven't used this deck in awhile and I have been looking for it since to PMed me. I still haven't found it. I used the general meanings from the book mixed with classic Cartomancy meanings as I started reading playing cards from about the age of ten. I like the art of the deck and the images speak for themselves.

If I can locate it, I will post more.

Freddie

ladybird

I'm bumping this because I recently got La Sibylle Des Salons back out and I would really love to know what the LWB says. Since it's in French, I cannot read it. I was wondering if anyone here knows how I can get a hold of a Parlour Sibyl LWB with the English translation in it? Thanks!

ladybird

Another thing I notice is that my cards are not numbered in order like the link above that show the cards with the English translations. That link shows cards that are in order by number and also by numbered suit! The LWB that came with my deck lists the cards numbered in alphabetical order by title name! For example: 1 is Amour, 2 is Amie Sincere, 3 is Abscence, 4 is Attente, etc.

ladybird

Parlour Sibyl, La Sibylle Des Salons

MoonGypsy asked about my backs and thought I'd post here to share more about it.

I think that gregory was right about my deck being printed sometime in the 1960s. The confirmation is the card stock and the back design that Grimaud did during that time period. Specifically I look to the 1960s Marseilles Grimaud that my friend's mother has from that era, I believe she said 1963 or so?

I compared her deck with my La Sibylle Des Salons (Parlor Sibyl). Both decks have the exact same back designs and thick card stock that look like two cards have been glued together.

I've attached two more pictures to share with MoonGypsy and anyone else interested.

Attachments

• 20140116_134230.jpg
    20140116_134230.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 20140116_134222.jpg
    20140116_134222.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 205