Greenwood on Ebay UK

ZenMusic

I put in a bid, thought I'd win, but lost it with 2 seconds to go.... karma I guess .. it's usually me swooping in in the last seconds to snatch it ....

Altena

£220 is exactly what I paid with shipping included, £200 without. And the box did have some tears in it, but all in all I'm happy with it. The last Greenwood that went before this one sold for over £300. I'm sure there will be others up there though, probably in the same price range. I might buy a backup one day, but for these prices....not a chance.

ZenMusic

I own 5 Greenwoods, 2 still sealed... but I'll always bid hoping to pick up another.. I'm more conservative now on what I'd pay... there's no other like it

OctoberGwen

ZenMusic said:
I own 5 Greenwoods, 2 still sealed...
I don't mean to be rude, but what on earth do you need five Greenwoods for? I understand the concept of a backup deck, but that's an awful lot of Greenwood...and greenback... ;)

ZenMusic

cause i want as many as I can locate.. enough to last a lifetime 8^) ..

why would I consider your opinion as rude? it's just an opinion

ZenMusic

looking through my collection, I found that I actually have 6 Greenwood decks (gave my 7th to my daughter)

I have hundreds of Tarot decks in my collection. I use the Thoth most often for reading for others. I have collected all the Thoth versions (about 30), purchased a historical Thoth collection of source materials etc.. I find it beautiful and deep.. was the focus of years of very rewarding study

The Thoth reads very well for me, but it reads very objectively; it clearly shows the energies, tendencies, psychology etc. of the situation.. almost like viewing the readouts of scientific instruments..

But the Greenwood is my favorite, and most often used for myself or very close friends. The Greenwood reads as if it is the voice of a loving, guiding Angel standing beside me. It is much more optimistic in a way.It gives personal advice for each query, and will always recommend the path which provides for the greatest personal growth in the situation.

The Greenwood is amazingly precise in addressing the question, some of my first readings where so detailed.. well it won me over.

The Greenwood is designed in a way (that few decks do) showing the structure and organization of the Tarot, each category (Major, Court, Minor) has a variation in style that distinguishes them (I dislike mono-style decks that blend them)

It's a magical, mystical deck (I'm also Celtic and resonate with the Shamanic, pagan) I love the art, have collected much about the sources Chesca used). .. the Bow spread (I think created by Mark Ryan, or with Chesa) is the best for answering "Big" questions, like the Celtic Cross , but better in advising). Celtic is probably the "Key" , otherwise the images could seem crude, instead I find them full of life, high energy, emotional and tribal..

If I had to give up all my tarot decks but one, this is the one I'd keep. (I should fear contributing to it's popularity, I'll be increasing the cost of the next one I buy... (smile) .... but I'd rather share it, as I've been enriched by those who directed me to it) and honestly , if I lost all my copies .. I'd pay any amount to replace it... and I'll continue to pick up any I find by luck

AJ

If I found them and could afford them I'd do the same. Zen isn't the only one here with multiple copies of the deck. It's worth the search~

OctoberGwen

ZenMusic said:
If I had to give up all my tarot decks but one, this is the one I'd keep. (I should fear contributing to it's popularity, I'll be increasing the cost of the next one I buy... (smile) .... but I'd rather share it, as I've been enriched by those who directed me to it) and honestly , if I lost all my copies .. I'd pay any amount to replace it... and I'll continue to pick up any I find by luck
Thank you for the explanation, I now have a much better feel for where you're coming from. :) I have a deck or two that I would love to obtain backup copies of, and I'd actually be quite happy to find a Greenwood some day, but since I have limited funds I guess I just can't imagine getting more than two of even my closest "soul" decks when there are so many others out there. Just two different perspectives, I guess. I definitely appreciated hearing more about yours, though.

Cat*

ZenMusic said:
I love the art, have collected much about the sources Chesca used).
I know I have asked you before but I'm shamelessly asking again: Please do share your findings with us. There are other Greenwood lovers and users here on AT who would welcome your participation in our talk about this deck (one great place would be the many threads in the Greenwood study group). :)

ZenMusic

Cat* said:
I know I have asked you before but I'm shamelessly asking again: Please do share your findings with us. There are other Greenwood lovers and users here on AT who would welcome your participation in our talk about this deck (one great place would be the many threads in the Greenwood study group). :)

I will