Has anyone had this happened to them before? (warning: disturbing post)

kellyshay

Ever since i had the deviant moon put under my pillow, i had nightmares every single night...Now i rarely have nightmares that felt really real and i was literally shaking and got woken up!
It was about my baby got kidnapped, then the other night was that i shot someone..and then yesterday i saw a woman's corspe that got wheeled out from her own home...she was all dressed up and had make up on..and it looked like a suicide! omg..it was so scary i have to tell someone..sorry guys :(

Carla

No, this has never happened to me, but I have dreamed about tarot. If it's disturbing, take the deck out from under your pillow and see how you go. Personally, I've never slept with a deck under my pillow. I'd surely manage to damage the deck if I tried it! I do however sleep with them on my bedside table right beside my head, sometimes.

Grizabella

I don't believe in the deck itself having any power to give a person dreams of any kind, good or bad. I do believe in the power of suggestion, though. (You've read or heard that putting the deck under your pillow will affect you, so it does.) Your subconscious could be throwing these things at you in reaction to the deck from what you've seen of it when awake. Or----it could have nothing at all to do with the deck. I've never really had much of a response to sleeping with a deck.

GryffinSong

What Griz said. That deck can be pretty disturbing. I often have nightmares if my last thoughts are of things that aren't calming and quiet. I can't, for instance, watch scary or violent tv shows late at night. Knowing that a disturbing deck was under my pillow would give my subconcious all kinds of icky things to play with.

Move it. If you have to have a deck under your pillow, choose one that is calming and gentle and see if you have gentler dreams. You will be giving your subconscious something nice to react to, instead of creepy crawlies.

kellyshay

Thanks all. Ive moved my deck now..Its on the windowsill getting some sun bathing now! :)

wildchilde

I have never slept with a deck under my pillow, but many of them are close by my bed so there you go. I personally am negatively affected by the disturbing images of the Deviant deck just seeing it in a box in the store, so I can't imagine sticking something like that under the pillow at night!

I am glad that you moved it. Sorry your dreams have been so distressing :( I would tend to agree with what Griz and Gryff said. If you continue to have issues, you might consider getting some howlite and placing that under your pillow, it should help calm you and give you peaceful sleep. You can also use chamomile tea to relax before bedtime, or melatonin pills. Hope you will let us know how things work out for you without the deck so close by.

DownUnderNZer

Ever since i had the deviant moon put under my pillow, i had nightmares every single night...Now i rarely have nightmares that felt really real and i was literally shaking and got woken up!
It was about my baby got kidnapped, then the other night was that i shot someone..and then yesterday i saw a woman's corspe that got wheeled out from her own home...she was all dressed up and had make up on..and it looked like a suicide! omg..it was so scary i have to tell someone..sorry guys :(

Why on earth would you sleep with a deck under your pillow...isnt it supposed to be a mirror if you want to dream of your future husband and what he looks like? Lol lol lol.... ;)

The only time I ever have vivid or bad dreams that I actually remember in detail is when Im not picking up something in my EVERYDAY life which needs to be addressed or understood, but not due to cards or things like that although I did dream of a tarot card once.

Winterchild

I always have much more vivid dreams on the full moon... and have actually slept with the DM many times and not had any nightmares... I wonder if your dreams are how you feel about the deck? Maybe some of the images sparked something .....

You could try taking a card from that deck, or any deck, but don't look at it. Put it under your pillow and then see how your dreams are. In the morning check the card and see what gives :)

Ferendial

I see your original post was from a couple of days ago- have you still been having nightmares? I hope things are going better for you! So sorry this is happening to you, I know nightmares can be rough :\

Raindance

I agree that deviant moon can be pretty disturbing. My cards are kept together as a "collection" in a single place. So, I don't sleep with them under my pillow.

Good luck with your deck, though. I'm sure things will get better. If not, I suggest having a nice slice of cheesecake before bed. Anyone would have happy dreams after eating a slice!