HAVE CARDS - what shall I play??

MissNine

Hi Tanga!

Have you been watching any sports lately? You could predict the winners of games! :)

illyria

This is a great thread, Tanga!

I like to pick two Courts, then get them to "talk" to each other. If I'm stumped about where to begin their conversation, I draw three cards (or more!) for each Court, which would represent their life story and their "baggage."

It's akin to a five-year-old girl playing with her dolls and making up a conversation.

MissNine

I like to pick two Courts, then get them to "talk" to each other. If I'm stumped about where to begin their conversation, I draw three cards (or more!) for each Court, which would represent their life story and their "baggage."

It's akin to a five-year-old girl playing with her dolls and making up a conversation.

That is so awesome!
Tanga, you should make a soap opera episode with the courts!

Tanga

:joke: :joke: :joke:
You made my night illyria! - I got home moping over my "granny status" in Wing Tsun class (Kung Fu) - i.e. I'm slower than the rest and tonight on the way home I kept thinking "Why the H am I learning this thing again???"

Getting 2 favourite Courts out to play in this way sounds like just the ticket.
They can have a conversation about me going to bed! Or what my Wing Tsun virtues are.

That is so awesome!
Tanga, you should make a soap opera episode with the courts!

I could read for my crystal skulls - or get them to "talk" to each other - LOL!!

As for predicting sports winners... er... don't watch much of that either. :)

Barleywine

Now you've got me thinking (always a dangerous thing :))

There was an old cartoon - Daffy Duck I think - where he had an angel on one shoulder, whispering in one ear, and a devil on the other shoulder, whispering in the other ear. I could take all the court cards out of one of my decks and use them for a very specific 2-card daily draw - how can I best express myself today, versus what mode of behavior should I avoid (or some similar dichotomy of meaning.), in terms of the broad elemental associations - enterprise, relationships, decision-making or practical matters.

tarotbear

Get some friends and play 'Strip Tarot Poker'.

illyria

Tanga, I'm glad to be of service! And you know, I hadn't considered a crystal skull conversation. How I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that one.

Barleywine, I appreciate this idea. A lot more fleshed out than a one-card daily draw.

SarahJoy

I play solitaire with my decks quite frequently. I leave the Majors in. I think nisaba had a thread describing the rules.

earthair

If you don't have a worthwhile question for a reading, but want to play with lots of cards :party:, grab a deck, shuffle well and then deal them face up into 3 piles- 1)negative, 2)neutral and 3)positive, according to your first immediate instinct. Don't even think about what you are doing, or the reasons for assigning cards to whichever pile, until the whole pack is dealt. Then go back through each pile and see them as a barometer of your present mental/emotional wellbeing. If you want to play with them some more, take one pile and try to deal that into 1)negative 2) neutral 3)positive, and keep going with smaller and smaller piles...until you get to one card...which might be a good starting point for a CC spread :joke: