Help with Neptune in composite

Ronia

Yes, that's why I thought her Venus conjunct his North Node was more beneficial then his Venus conjunct her South Node. I think overall he will be more of a friend while she will be very much in love. This is not absed only on the Nodes. As I said before, his planets are in her 4, 5, 7th houses while her planets are in his 3, 2, 11th... Somehow the chart is not balanced, it's her love and his friendship. Despite the trines between venus and Mars and both Venuses as well as other positive aspects, they also have squares which I dislike very much: his Sun is square her Venus which makes me think he won't be there for her. Something like she says "I'm so sad" and he sends her to do some jogging to feel betetr instead of giving a hug. They look like operating on different waves. It's also possible that his egotism will hurt her emotionally. His Mars is square her Moon and from persona experience I find Mars's squares really very very tough on relationships. This one is again his driving force rubbing in the wrong way her soft side...

On the other hand, they have the composite Sun in the 4th, conjunct both Mercury and Saturn. They also have very nice aspects between both their Mercuries in the synastry, it looks like they will communicate easily and openly, something important for relationships. His Sun is supporting her Saturn which is the only aspect Saturn has, so he is not in a bad condition...

I'm just there now.

My Ascendant is in Capricorn which makes Saturn the ruler, right? And my Saturn is in the beginning of Leo (2 degrees) in the 7th which I've read is both good and not so good. I read once that Saturn in Leo often smashes the querent just when they thought they were on their way up - this has happened to me a number of times. Of course, it also taught me to persevere but sometimes these periods are too long. :(

Minderwiz

My Ascendant is in Capricorn which makes Saturn the ruler, right? And my Saturn is in the beginning of Leo (2 degrees) in the 7th which I've read is both good and not so good. I read once that Saturn in Leo often smashes the querent just when they thought they were on their way up - this has happened to me a number of times. Of course, it also taught me to persevere but sometimes these periods are too long. :(

I can't actually imagine Saturn smashing anything LOL. That's much more likely to be Mars. Saturn at his worst (and I stress at his worst) produces inaction ('there's no point in doing anything because it won't make a difference') and fear ('the worst is bound to happen if I act') or indifference ('it really doesn't matter'), It's restraint, bondage, suspicion, envy, distrust. All not very nice but not at all violent. Indeed debilitated Saturn would be unwilling to 'smash' because it takes decisive action and debilitated Saturn is not decisive. Debilitated Mars can take decisions, but they're usually the wrong decisions based on poor information, or poor instinct.

Now Saturn in detriment (Cancer or Leo) is some way to this, but not all the way - you'd probably need Saturn to be retrograde or slow or combust to get all the way there.

Ronia

Ah, my Mars is sooo poor, in Cancer. LOL On the other hand, I had a pretty good career till a while ago, so... Yes, I've made wrong decisions but also good ones, like everyone else I guess.

The thing is that there are so many written things on the web that it's very hard to know what to trust and what - not. See, I read this about Saturn and I blamed the old guy but it may not been him after all. LOL

One thing I am definitely not though is inactive. Which, considering this Saturn and my poor Mars, is surprising, I think. I am totally unable to not do anything. I must do something. Even if it seems crazy, against all bets, etc. I go on and that's it. LOL No Saturn, no Mars, nothing can stop me. :D

Minderwiz

Well we're looking at planets in isolation here, how they interact and where they lie will be important.

Again, as with Saturn, there are a number of factors to take into accound when assessing it's strength and Fall can be offset by other factors including, speed, house position, direct or retrograde, etc.

Incidentally Ptolemy gives Mars rulership of the Water triplicity both by day and night (and Lilly follows Ptolemy) That would make Mars improve Mars quite a bit counter-balancing some of his essential debility through Fall. Assuming no other issues, he can function perfectly adequately.

The problem with the Triplicities is that unlike rulership and exaltation there's more than one system. That holds for Terms too, It's a matter of different systems at different periods in history. It's one reason why I think these dignities fell out of use, or at least were not incorporated into modern Astrology. I think there's enough usage in history to justify their investigation.

Ronia

This is interesting about Mars. Thanks for sharing! I'm still chewing on their synastry. LOL