Herbs for easier pregnancy?

Eco74

Sherringham, voice of reason. Now why hadn't I thought of that???
Possibly they've done one when she's been for a checkup though since it's a fairly common problem after all.

Will check with her when I see her next just in case she's written it off to be due to the cold.

She's been feeling better little by little in the last week or so, so hopefully the cold is passing and taking a lot of the troubles with it.

Sherringham

It can be just borderline , and the cold could have just tipped her the wrong side. But with all the well wishing from people on here she should be back up and running in no time.

Eco74

Went to see her today and she did look fairly healthy.

A little cold-voicy but in a good mood and didn't seem too tired.
She's also started feeling a little better but has to take it really slow in the mornings to keep from feeling sick.

She also rests a lot and doesn't push herself any further than she feels comfortable to. And she does try to eat often. Lots of yoghurt and such that's both easy to eat and soothing for her stomach.

Did forget to ask her about possible anemia, but since she looked healthy enough (albeit tired and a little stuffy) it didn't seem to urgent anyway..

Sherringham

I'm sure the antenatal clinic will keep checking her anyway, and once she gets past the 3 months things could well improve on their own?

catlin

I had worked at a gynaecologist 10 years ago and usually the blood was regulary checked during pregnacies (including checks for anemia).

Most mothers-to-be had trouble in the first 3 months and afterwards things usually worked out fine.

Elven

Just an idea if the Morning sickness persists - (just thinking it may also be a reason for low appetite) - this is a great remedy to help overcome the problem - takes about 3 days to settle the body.

Esential Oil (must be pure essential oil - no artificials ;))
If you can get some spearmint oil and place it in a bowl of boiling water and place it in the room while sleeping - if this is not an option (safety wise) 2 drops on the pillow (1 each side) will help as well.

Reading a little further on this I found that:
Valerie Ann Worwood-The Fragrant Pharmacy said:
Nausea ..
In part, this is a result of a hormonal change or imbalance, for the increase in oestrogen causes changes in the hypothalamus and then the gastrointestinal organs. Symptoms range from a loss of appetite to increased nausea and vomiting when smelling food.

It also recommends 1 drop of pure essential Ginger oil (or even shaved fresh ginger will do) to each one pint of boiling water. Place in a bowl. Cover head with towel and and inhale for five minutes with eyes closed.

Hope she's feeling better soon :) and remains healthy and happy full term!

Blessings
Elven x

catti

Just saw this~
First congratulations!
There is a great book available through Amazon called Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Years by Susun Weed. Covers all things pre pregnancy through post natal.
A great book for every woman to own.
And again, best wishes!

Eco74

Thanks for the tip Catti.
I've checked out some reviews on the book and will be getting a copy. My fave online bookstore has it at a pretty good prize so an order is going out today. :)

Little sister is still stuffy-nosed.
Aside from that though, she's showing a little bit more and seems to be feeling better overall.