Hi, I'm, a taroholic

Mallah

How many rounds of drinks would pay for a tarot deck?

Lol, that depends on how bad i wanted to get the deck drunk and take advantage of it!

Mallah

I don't really have the bug too bad anymore. I only like to buy what I want to read with, and i really don't like switching off so much anymore. That being said, i recently found an Oswald Wirth (it's back in print) and I'd wanted it so long (but didn't need it...) so i bought it. I could have done without it...it basically covers the same ground as a TdM....but I DO want a Fournier TdM and a Jasniak (both pip decks). Oh the the delle Vetrate (Italian). Oh and the Liz Dean Golden....

I think going over to pips has helped. A lot. As far as cutting down. I recently sold off several decks that I wasn't going to use and still have a couple sitting here to unload.

It's nice making some of that money back after a deck "strikes out" for one reason or another.

I use one deck for reading now, mainly...The Courtney Davis Celtic. But I like TdM as well. And will probably spring for the redone Visconti. THe original is beautiful and big, but so much pigment has fallen off the cards that they are more of an oddity. Being the oldest Tarot we have, i think the Visconti should be in everybody's collection, just as a reference, if nothing else.

So often I go to the Metaphysical Bookstore and look at all the decks, most of which I've seen online, and say, eh....pass...pass...pass....beautiful art, but not for me.

And so often there's that ONE CARD in the deck that throws me off. So I've sort've learned to discipline myself and NOT buy lots of them.

But I have another addiction...Native American Flutes....and they are $150 and up a pop! Again, i have to keep myself in check! I only get those that i NEED. (and one does need more than one, for various practical reasons...)

Scibility

I think libraries should stock tarot decks. Maybe they already do? Mine doesn't. This way, you could have access to any deck you wanted for a few weeks at a time, and satisfy any passing HANKERING for buying another deck. Anyone want to start a petition? :D

vee

That'd be a huge pain in the ass. They'd have to put a barcode on every card or they'd get stolen. I think some posters have said before their libraries had them but overall it'd be super difficult I think