High Priestess

Tarotvoyant

I would like to hear some opinions to my question, Most of the time when I'm shuffling my cards in preparation for a reading, generally for myself since I am still brand new to the Tarot, The High Priestest card jumps out of the deck, other times she is present in alot of my readings usually the outcome card, and on 2 occasions she even appeared in a computer generated Tarot Reading, I often wonder what message is being conveyed to me? any thoughts ??????

Thanks !

afrosaxon

The High Priestess is primarily about intuition: using it, trusting it, learning from it.

My take is that, especially as you are new to tarot, the cards are telling you to listen to your intuition when reading the cards. ESPECIALLY if what you "feel" or "get" is different than what the traditional card meanings may say.

Keep doing what you're doing! :D

T.

ladyprow

Makes me smile

Ha ha gotta love it when those cards have a sense of humor! :D

I agree with afrosaxon, the HP is telling you to take those intuitive leaps during your reading and trust yourself (good advice for a brand-new reader. :) )

Happy taroting!

~lp

willowfox

The card could also be telling you to acknowledge the potential that the tarot has to offer you when you learn its secrets.

Mellifluous

Not uncommon when you're beginning to learn tarot! If you ever take a lengthy break from tarot and then pick it up again later, don't be surprised if the same thing happens.

And if you ever start some other practice or line of study that enhances your intuition/psychic abilities, guess who will be popping up frequently to say hello to you? lol

She's telling you, and encouraging you, to trust your intuition and letting you know your intuitive muscle is being strengthened. That it's real, you truly are tapping into something. You're not making it up, you're not wrong. No need to second guess yourself too much.

Pretty nice, I think. :love:

Aladdin

Agree with all that has been said and would like to wish you good luck.

Briar Rose

What card is the High Priestess next to?
Also, have you known or do you know anyone that has the personality of the High Preistess? Is she trying to tell you something?

Perhaps someone closed to you passed on and it letting you know you are on the right path to enlightenment?

To me, the High Preistess is a pretty sexy card to get in a spread. Depending on what card it is next to it could also mean that you are now opening up to the world.

Let us know if we are getting it right with you.

berrieh

The High Priestess is the passive, feminine principle. She is also the keeper of mysteries. She's also the quintessential maiden and crone.

She doesn't mean much of anything on her own (and yet she means everything). In my experience, she never calls for you to 'do' much, as she must remain passive to contain the mysteries and pure knowledge that she possesses. But surrounding cards can call-to-action, based on her influence.

As a jumper, I usually take her to mean I'm asking the wrong question (missing the point, so to speak). But that's just me.