judgement

tryingtoreadtarot

CAn anyone help me understand this card better?

i am doing much better understanding and reading intuitively, but i have problems with this major as well as the wheel of fortune.

i see judgement as a card of kind of hearing your inner calling, time for you to make a decision

the wheel - i only know as movement, turning point and destiny.

i am still not understanding based on this.

Is there something wrong w me?????

Thirteen

tryingtoreadtarot said:
i'm sorry i posted in the wrong place!!!
:D It's in the right place now ;)

Yes, Judgement is about a decision, usually a big one that requires you to "move on." Something you've been hanging onto, a feeling, a grudge, a dependency, a habit has to be let go in order for you to move on, to change. If you don't let go of this thing, whatever this thing is (and it might be small) you can't move on.

The difference between this and the Wheel is that the Wheel is usually a change from the outside that you don't decide or control. You get a promotion or demotion and you move up or down thanks to a decision by someone or something else. And no change is asked of you in order to gain or accept this shift.

lark

Also it's about things you have done in your past and how they might affect decisions or goals now in your present.

Like say you called the boss a jerk behind his back, but he heard you and 4 months later you are up for a promotion, that comment might become part of his consideration in promoting you or not.....Just a little example so you could see what I mean...

balenciaga

Also, I recently read on www.ata.tarot.com that Judgment heralds a positive change, not destructive or shocking as Death or the Tower. And if you choose not to act/go along with the change, you might regret it later.

The Wheel is as others have said: Fate; the shift in time, movement, the wheel advances the action.

thorhammer

Brainstorming here . . .

An opportunity to leave behind the dross from an old way of thinking or living.

Moving past a blockage or into a whole new state of being.

Making decisions based on a more mature and developed outlook and understanding of yourself and the world.

HTH, \m/ Kat

Aladdin

Tend to regard this as a big new opportunity comming your way, almost certainly karmic and inescapable. Much more powerful than anything pentacular.

Chiara

lark said:
Also it's about things you have done in your past and how they might affect decisions or goals now in your present.

To me Judgement is telling you that you are not in balance. It is reconciling with something or someone in your past. It is like reconciling your checkbook. You add up your credits (positives) and your debits (negatives) and find that it is out of balance. So you need to go back and find your error that you have made in the past. Once you find the error, you make the proper adjustment and you are in balance once again. But rememer, it is your checkbook, no one else's. Your error and your adjustment...and then...your balance now in the present.

Thirteen

Chiara said:
To me Judgement is telling you that you are not in balance. It is reconciling with something or someone in your past. It is like reconciling your checkbook. You add up your credits (positives) and your debits (negatives) and find that it is out of balance. So you need to go back and find your error that you have made in the past. Once you find the error, you make the proper adjustment and you are in balance once again. But rememer, it is your checkbook, no one else's. Your error and your adjustment...and then...your balance now in the present.
I think you're talking about Justice there rather than Judgement...er, yes?

Chiara

Maybe I'm wrong, but although both cards are Karmic in nature, Justice to me is more about learning from my past mistakes. I can't change the past, but the way I am in the present will affect my future. Judgement, on the other hand, is more of a reconciliation with the past. Paying for one's sins so to speak. Like a legal judgement that dictates the punishment for the crime. I feel the only true Judgement is the one I make of mysefl. Certainly, both Justice and Judgement affect the future. But one thing for sure, if you don't learn your lesson, it's like the movie 'Groundhog Day', you are doomed to repeat your mistake until the lesson is learned.

Lysh

Aladdin said:
Tend to regard this as a big new opportunity comming your way, almost certainly karmic and inescapable. Much more powerful than anything pentacular.

I like this take on the Judgement card. The opportunity is from the rebirth taking place, the letting go of what no longer serves. If judgement comes up, I kind of see that as saying (unless in a position that says otherwise) that this process of rebirth is already taking place and that major, positive changes are coming.