Hindsight-- how/should you use it with past readings?

Hindsight in interpreting readings--your opinions, please

• It's "cheating;" it renders predictive readings moot.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't think it's cheating, but I don't think it's useful.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I like it; anything that can give one's psyche more food for thought is great

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Other--please write in

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Scibility

Hi Scibility, thanks for your kind greeting. That's a polite way of referring to a chronic "over-thinker" like me. :grin:

The conventional wisdom of a "card a day" was always lost on me. It wasn't until years later, after I came back from a long hiatus, that I realized that cards of the day, and for that matter, regular self-readings, would never be a part of my tarot life and that I should accept that rather than thinking of myself as a delinquent schoolchild who's not done their homework.

LOL! Hey, i'm a bit guilty of this myself, so you have company. Sometimes it fun to just examine ideas for the sake of speculation!

The COD idea was not something I did initially. I have been trying to do with consistency, but i'm not always good with those kinds of routines. Doing it at the end of the day (when I remember to do it) works for me without making me feel delinquent :)

Great topic Chiriku. Thanks for sharing your "ponderings" :)

Trogon

Howdy Chiriku! This is a nice, thought-provoking thread.

I can't say that I've gone back to a self-reading after a few years and revisited the "predictions" I came up with. Now that you've brought it up though, maybe I should!

However, I do revisit my daily readings. In fact, I find this exercise to be a very good learning tool and is one of the main reasons I do daily readings. Though they do, many times, help me with how to get through a difficult day. Pulling one or more cards at the beginning of the day, writing down your interpretation, then seeing how it plays out through the day helps to see how the cards apply in real world experience.

So, I answered "other". Basically I find that revisiting readings to see how things worked out is a very good learning tool. This sort of encompasses a few aspects of your question. :D

nisaba

'Tis my belief that my relationship with Tarot is a living one, not a static one, thus it is growing and changing all the time (I'd slit my wrists if I thought otherwise!)

Thus, whilst retrospective analysis of long-past readings might be interesting in historical terms, ie, letting you know how you used to relate to cards Back Then, it is not useful for your present or future relationship with the images.

I just have to look at how vastly differently I now look at The Chariot and the Lovers now as to even a few years ago to know that whilst my then-understandings of those card worked, they don't work any more and those particular cards now tell me completely different things.

I therefore went with Option Two as being closest to my experience.