Hold On - You asked the cards WHAT?!

SirenRising

Hello, well if u're happy like that...

Sophie

Kiama said:
Has anybody here ever played games with the cards? Games such as making up stories with them? Games such as the Tree of Life game invented by Gerald Suster. With these games, the object is to have fun, with a TRIVIAL act... but you will also notice that you get a lot of insight from this trivial act. With Tarot stories you're making up a funny, often ludicrously silly story about the protagonist (often the first card drawn) and his weird adventures, but then you get halfway through and you realize that actually, the story you're creating is quite poignant.
Kiama, I am shocked. That a serious philosopher and pagan like yourself should sully your cards with play. Isn't the Goddess rumbling with displeasure at the very thought of you having - gasp! - FUN?

Stories? OMG - no! Tarot is Serious. It's Deep. It's not to tell shaggy dog stories, or help people choose pizza! Or Special K.

A while back luKEdra and Similia organized some battles with tarot cards. A bunch of us took part. Terrible sacrilege, I see that now. My Eyes have been Opened. I took Tarot In Vain, though I had a lot of Fun doing so. But tarot is not for fun.

firemaiden

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding

MODERATOR speaking:

Whoah whoah whoah whoah
Everyone please CHILL OUT.

Please re-read the forum rules on flaming and on metadiscussion here

What is the main rule? RESPECT other members. Therefore everyone, (myself included) please, please - leave out the sarcasm, leave out the insults and flames, and please limit your dispute to IDEAS. Remember - You may dispute ideas, but please do not attack people personally..... You attack the person, you lose points for your team and you are out.

SirenRising

Or perhaps just want to have some FUN with Tarot. Oh no, how dare they!? Because somebody asks a fun question about pizza does NOT mean they are lacking in self-confidence/incredibly insecure/need all types of foundations to carry on with life.

Has anybody here ever played games with the cards? Games such as making up stories with them? Games such as the Tree of Life game invented by Gerald Suster. With these games, the object is to have fun, with a TRIVIAL act... but you will also notice that you get a lot of insight from this trivial act. With Tarot stories you're making up a funny, often ludicrously silly story about the protagonist (often the first card drawn) and his weird adventures, but then you get halfway through and you realize that actually, the story you're creating is quite poignant.

And really, as somebody here has already asked... If I ask a question about pizza using the Tarot, what will happen to me? Will I explode? Will my cards burst into flame? Will my entire mental state become unstable and insecure?

I doubt it.

Kiama

Whatever... what i meant is that i don't agree with getting «addicted» to a pile of cards, get it?

vision777

wow i just read a couple of the post written here and i find them very interesting. i think people have diffrent ways they approach the tarot and some may even sound "weird" to some but maybe thats just how people relate to there cards i don't think anybody here should really care if somebody wants to know what should they eat for dinner from their tarot cards excuse me for a momment lol,,,lol,lol ok i have a sense of humor i am a capricorn and for some reason i just find that funny no disrespect . i'm sure i have put many stupid and silly question up here that has some people wondering "what's wrong with her" but you know what they say if it don't apply let it fly and by the way lol lol how can the cards tell you what to eat is it like the world card means the beef for the bull i'm just trying to figure that one out i would really like to know seriously , i never heard of that i am open for suggestions.

Sophie

vision777 said:
by the way lol lol how can the cards tell you what to eat is it like the world card means the beef for the bull i'm just trying to figure that one out i would really like to know seriously , i never heard of that i am open for suggestions.
Well, the World card, IMO, is telling you to eat pot-au-feu, that is, a stew made up of beef and chicken. Make enough for you and your cat, and the cat will think you are an angel.

The Chariot is interesting. Could be telling you to eat fast food, or maybe to go out for dinner. The Moon is seafood, of course. The Sun is telling you to make sure you eat cereals. The Empress will prepare a feast, and with the Lovers, I think it's telling you just to eat fruit and have lots of sex, which is better than a meal. The Devil would be a hot oven roast. Drink wine with your meal - though in moderation - when you see Temperance. With Death, you had better fast that day :eek:

Aoife

...and the bullimic's fave card - The Hanged Man - archetypal upchucker?

Cielo

...and the High Priestess...those midnight snacks you never tell anyone about?! hmmmmmmmmm.............. ;)

vision777

Helvetica said:
Well, the World card, IMO, is telling you to eat pot-au-feu, that is, a stew made up of beef and chicken. Make enough for you and your cat, and the cat will think you are an angel.

The Chariot is interesting. Could be telling you to eat fast food, or maybe to go out for dinner. The Moon is seafood, of course. The Sun is telling you to make sure you eat cereals. The Empress will prepare a feast, and with the Lovers, I think it's telling you just to eat fruit and have lots of sex, which is better than a meal. The Devil would be a hot oven roast. Drink wine with your meal - though in moderation - when you see Temperance. With Death, you had better fast that day :eek:
i didn't even know tarot can be read in that way thank you for telling me this i like coming to this site because i learn something new everyday. that is cool i never thoughtabout food when it came to the tarot i just would call my 7 of cups the shopping card lol but i do find that very cool how you broke it down in the major arcana for foods thank you Helvetica.

Dwaas

The hanged man would advice you to eat salami's which have hung in the farmers attic to dry for at least a year. But it seems that Helvetica is the expert on this so I await her comments patiently. We learn something everyday, don't we? :D