*Hoo*boy - yet another "head-butt-w/-ignorance" story...

SphinYote

Bernice said:
Small clarification:

Playing cards wern't 'derived' from the 78 tarot deck. Playing cards existed first. After the Mamluk cards (playing cards) entered Italy and Spain, the Italians created 'trionfi' cards (which we call the Trumps) then added them to the playing cards, thereby making a 78 (or thereabouts...) deck.

Bee :)

Good point...that was in the back of my mind before I got distracted by the children running through my head.

Yep, playing cards predated tarot cards.

Mateo06

Sorry, I didn't do my research. Thanks for the history lesson, but this still coexist... somewhat...

Briar Rose

blackroseivy said:
Glass crystal always has lead in it - that's what makes it crystal, as opposed to plain glass. ;)

Thanx everyone, it's nice to know that I am so supported here! :D

They make a lead free cut crystal now. A little more expensive, but safe to wear. And it still shines like the lead crystal.

blackroseivy

Bernice said:
I think the garlic idea was a winner! LOL!
And maybe add, "I always eat a clove before handling them".

Small clarification:

Playing cards wern't 'derived' from the 78 tarot deck. Playing cards existed first. After the Mamluk cards (playing cards) entered Italy and Spain, the Italians created 'trionfi' cards (which we call the Trumps) then added them to the playing cards, thereby making a 78 (or thereabouts...) deck.

Bee :)

Ah, see - I know that, too, but let those MAJORS show up and - :eek: !! :p

blackroseivy

Briar Rose said:
They make a lead free cut crystal now. A little more expensive, but safe to wear. And it still shines like the lead crystal.

Oh, that must be the so-called "Celestial" crystal I've read about!

I don't think that the tiny amount of lead that's right in the glass could really hurt anything, but still, thanx for pointing that one out.