Hotei - Patron of Fortune Tellers

celticnoodle

I have a porcelain hotei, more than 100 years old.

Tarotbear, you're an incarnation lol!
wow! that is way cool! I bet that is worth a pretty penny, roppo. was it handed down in the family or how did you come about getting it?

I found a different picture of St Agabus, but no religious medals yet - kinda obscure guy ... in the sphere of Saints. One site did say it might be 'Agabo' ...

I think a St Agabus Tarot card might be just the thing! I wonder who the artist for that (rather Tarot card looking) picture is?
Yes, I saw the other name, "Agabo" too. If you happen - or if anyone happens to locate a medal of this saint, please PM me! :D

Thank you for that! I know St Cyprian of Antioch is the Patron Saint of Sorcerers but I have never heard of St Agabus! :cool2:

OMG! How did I never NOT hear of these Saints? I was a Director of Religious Education for many years and use to help the confirmation kids pick the 'right' Saint for them when they were being confirmed. So many came to me for help on that, so I did get to know the history of quite a many Saints. But, somehow, I missed these!!! :laugh: Its probably a good thing I did! ;)

St Cyprian: here.
thanks for this, TB! I've at least heard of this Saint--and now will have to find a medal on them as well. :D

eta: though, I don't know....he is a bit...frightening to read about. :eek: