How accurate are questions on others?

mistypaws

I'm just wondering whether its possible to do a three card spread asking about how someone feels about you or your relationship with them. Does asking this question fpose a problem in interpretation, given that the asker will interpret the answer too conveniently?

SunChariot

How accurate a reading is depends on how good the reader is. Some are better at it than others of course. And some of us may find certain parts of reading easier that others. Tarot CAN answer any question you ask of it. But to interpret the answers you need to stay unemotional. Some readers can do that easily enough and others can't read for themselves at all because they can't keep their feelings out of it enough. It depends on the reader.

Babs

nisaba

And a percentage of us feel that there is something ethically wrong with reading for someone who hasn't asked for it and doesn't know about it - and if they were to find out, might (or might not) be outraged at the breach of privacy.

The crowned one

mistypaws said:
I'm just wondering whether its possible to do a three card spread asking about how someone feels about you or your relationship with them. Does asking this question fpose a problem in interpretation, given that the asker will interpret the answer too conveniently?

I find most colour the cards to suit the base of their expectation. That said if you can be objective, while using the subjective ( or you will have nothing to go on) you can get a pretty Good feel for the situation based on your perspective.

So the more you get the situation, or have insights to life that cover the situation, the stronger the reading will be.

I am 99.9% certain the cards can not show you anything you do not already know at osme level of being, but about 70% of what we know is not privy to the conscious mind, thus the value of the cards to bring it forward.

love.actually

The crowned one said:
I am 99.9% certain the cards can not show you anything you do not already know at osme level of being, but about 70% of what we know is not privy to the conscious mind, thus the value of the cards to bring it forward.

I agree with this completely :)
There are times when I nosily ask the cards on matters that are none of my business--and they give me nonsensical answers. I think it's my subconscious knowing at some level that I shouldn't be privy to such information.

mistypaws

love.actually said:
I agree with this completely :)
There are times when I nosily ask the cards on matters that are none of my business--and they give me nonsensical answers. I think it's my subconscious knowing at some level that I shouldn't be privy to such information.

Hehe like questions such as: "Does my best friend ever have a sexual dream about me?" I wouldn't even dream of asking these questions. I do believe some questions aren't meant for us to know the answers at all.. I guess some people out there would test them! I wonder if the cards (our subconscious) ever purposely tries to confuse us because we might try prodding it for too much information? It is certainly fascinating indeed.

Thanks for all your replies, they certainly make sense!

Lokismile

I regularly do remote readings on others. I find gauging their general state of mind or motivation is most accurate.

Alta

Lokismile said:
I regularly do remote readings on others. I find gauging their general state of mind or motivation is most accurate.
Seriously, how could you know that what your cards seem to say about their state of mind or motivation is accurate?

Lokismile

Alta said:
Seriously, how could you know that what your cards seem to say about their state of mind or motivation is accurate?

with that line of thinking, how do you know tarot even work for yourself?

It's pretty verifiable based on their actions in the future, or what they reveal later.

mistypaws

Lokismile said:
with that line of thinking, how do you know tarot even work for yourself?

It's pretty verifiable based on their actions in the future, or what they reveal later.

I agree. The couple of readings I have already done so far on a third person has been pretty much accurately confirmed later on by them verbally. The cards were accurate, though I wondered whether trying to extract their thoughts, prior to them telling me, might be morally wrong!