How do you deal with weird questions?

Nineveh

I know readers who don't allow questions until the end of a reading [ nor do they start out with one ! ] and just read what they see and that's that. This allows you control of what to focus on.

Interesting point! I've only known one person to read like that and actually address the topic that interests me most. I used to visit her at a shop in my home town. I've spoken with phone readers who would attempt to read like that. At first I'd listen for a minute before I hung up having realized that they were just too general. I had progressed to just hanging up if someone would just start reading without listening to my question first. Remember most readers charge a fee and most clients are most concerned with important issues rather than..."you're a kind a person, I see that many men are attractrd to you...". 😑

Sherilyn G

Hi there!! :)
I have started to do free readings for people I don't know, so that I can improve my tarot reading skills.
I have started to receive questions that I personally find inappropriate. There is a wide set that goes from "will I get that job?" or "when wil I find the man/woman of my dreams? tell me about his/her look" to "what can I do to speak with the angels?".
A part of me would say these people that they have completely missed the point, that I'm not a fortune teller and bla bla bla... On the other hand I think that everyone deserves a kind word. So every time I try to rephrase the question at my best. But I feel the overall situation quite oppressive.
I'd love to hear your opinions in regard.

Before I do a reading, I briefly list a few areas I don't read about like death and major illness etc... and I tell the person that, whatever she asks, the cards will tune into what she most needs to know - what's really most important to her at this time. If she is ok with that then, while she is shuffling the cards, I concentrate on asking to receive what she needs to know from the reading.

I don't ask the person what the question is at the beginning of the reading. I ask her NOT to tell me until after, or near the end of the reading. Then I usually do a Celtic Cross from which I gather what the main issue is. I ask her if what I'm saying is making sense. If it is, then I know I'm "tuned in" so then I look for connections etc.

Try taking your focus off the question. The cards will skip the question if it's not really all that important to the person, and they will tune into something that is. If it is really important, the cards will pick up on it. See if you can see the question in the cards.

I do do some readings where people ask specific questions, but I find I don't need a question, and, doing it this way helps when the person doesn't know what to ask.