How do you pronounce Etteilla?

April

I tell ya... :)

It went well, and everyone mostly just found it funny that it was his name backwards. I said Eh-TEA-ya and nobody scolded me. Then I realized there were other names I was unsure about. Eliphas Levi (leh-vee which is what I went with or LEE-veye like jeans?) and Court de Gebelin. And I say Crowley like Owl which I've been told many times is wrong but it doesn't seem to stick.

Ah well... Lillie, I like your advice, I ain't afraid-a no ghosts. And I'm happy to hear that I wasn't the only one who was unsure and had never said it out loud.

Thanks everyone! When I couldn't find it I knew the ATF would save the day.

April

P.S. TAY-ro or te-RO? ;)

Lillie

Tarot.

It rhymes with Carrot.

Always.

nisaba

Lillie said:
Et - Elly - Ah

He's dead. I can say it how I like, he isn't going to come and get me.
Certain decks might rebel ...

The crowned one

Correctly ;)

zephyr_heart

April said:
I tell ya... :)

It went well, and everyone mostly just found it funny that it was his name backwards. I said Eh-TEA-ya and nobody scolded me. Then I realized there were other names I was unsure about. Eliphas Levi (leh-vee which is what I went with or LEE-veye like jeans?) and Court de Gebelin. And I say Crowley like Owl which I've been told many times is wrong but it doesn't seem to stick.

Ah well... Lillie, I like your advice, I ain't afraid-a no ghosts. And I'm happy to hear that I wasn't the only one who was unsure and had never said it out loud.

Thanks everyone! When I couldn't find it I knew the ATF would save the day.

April

P.S. TAY-ro or te-RO? ;)
Crowley=crow-lee
Eliphas levy=e-lee-phas-leu-ee

Is that the right pronunciation, everyone?

Baroli

Oh boy, this reminds me of the thread how do you pronounce THOTH. })

There's Toth (short o ), Toth (long o), Thoth (long and short o's with "th" at beginning and end, lol :p

Yippee skippee!!!! Ain't the english language fun? :D

And speaking of fun,...reminds me of something they very rarely teach and are now bringing back,....phonics.

Remember that stuff????

Lillie

Voff.

I say Voff.

No, really, I speak weird.
I speak like uneducated scum. It lulls people into a false sense of security.
Then I blast them with the full force of my single digit IQ.