How do you select your cards after shuffling?

Niti

I usually just shuffle the cards until they feel ready, and then take cards off the top until I feel that I should stop, then read them. I rarely use pre-written spreads if I have a specific question (I usually know what the cards are supposed to mean as I lay them out and/or read them), and I always get confused when I try another method of choosing the cards becuase I feel like I'm cheating. I guess I'm too used to my method.

PixieLi

I never cut! Just shuffle until it feels ready then take from the top. I s'pose it's whatever feels comfortable for you.

B*B

cosmic_bubble

I shuffle, and then either fan the cards out and pick - or shuffle and pick the top cards..

Depends on how I feel at the time :)

Tabby

I shuffle the cards, but I don't cut them. Then I take them from the top. Depending on the type of spread I'm using determines the amount of cards I taking from the deck. :)

Abrac

Shuffle, then toss three dice to decide what cards to select. If I roll 18, then count from the top to 18 and select that card. Then starting with card 19, roll again and proceed as before until all cards for the spread have been selected. I have gotten some strong and meaningful readings using this method.