How do you store your cards?

LindaMechele

Ok, this is a little bit of a humble brag but I was so excited I had to share. See attached for my new engraved French cabinet I obtained for my tarot collection.
It's beautiful!!

I was dream-shopping antiques on Ebay today and thought of you when I found ...

THE MOTHER OF ALL TAROT CARD STORAGE CABINETS

:bugeyed:

TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY EIGHT drawers!! If that thing is only a foot deep, it can hold about THREE THOUSAND DECKS!! I think Gregory and LeFanu could fill it.:joke:

Obsydian

All of my decks, save for the ones in the thick and good quality boxes, have migrated into their own cloth bags. Most of the decks I get have had boxes that were very beat up, in some cases tearing, so it was easier just to put them in something much nicer.

Cocobird55

That's wonderful! Perfect for decks.

LindaMechele

Isn't it just, Cocobird? If it's the standard type that holds 3"x5" cards like most library card files do/did, standard tarot-sized decks would fit perfectly standing horizontally on edge. If it's only one foot deep, and an average tarot deck is one inch thick or less, that's a lotta' decks! And if it has fifteen-inch-deep drawers like most library card files I've seen, you could fit even more than a lotta' them. *feverishly does math* ... It'd be over four thousand then!

Something for me to aspire to. *longing sigh*

EsotericSugar

I keep them in silk pouches that I've been buying on Etsy. I love these things. They're well-made and beautiful. I'm not able to post links (I think because I'm still new to the forums) but the creator of the pouches is named Tarotista.

The Happy Squirrel

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444332246.216967.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444332299.353701.jpg

In a wrap pouch by our lovely JylliM :)