I did my first reading--I'm psyched!

Sophie

Well done, Kingfish! Don't forget to log the reading - if you don't like to keep a full journal, just write down date, question, cards and positions, and maybe a very short blurb on the cards and an overall commentary (you could copy what you wrote here).

If you continue to find yourself a bit of a tried and tested subject, you can try telling your friends that you are looking for people to read for, explaining you're a beginner, but that you find tarot already very helpful for yourself.

You will be inundated with requests in no time flat ;). And it's one of the best ways to learn.

moderndayruth

Kingfish said:
thnx

oohh!! Gypsy fortune telling cards. Read it in your Bio. I recently became aware of that deck through the forum. Love the visuals and the concept. Do you like them?

Yes, i like them a lot, but i can' read them :( I know that some guys here are 'vicious' with them, they can really read stuff, but i can't... There are plenty great interpretations at seaqeen's site, but i think 'Gypsies' gave up on me - when i try to read with them they just 'throw' Death, Enemy and Jealosy at me :( I know that i laughed in the beggining when i read here posts about 'deck's attitude', i was like 'c'mmon guys, you can't be serious' but i started believing that my GFTC is genuinly pissed at me :D

On a more serious note, some great suggestions here related to your 'CC experience' , do journal, it's really worth it ;)
Love and Light
mdr

Kingfish

Fudugazi said:
Well done, Kingfish! Don't forget to log the reading - if you don't like to keep a full journal, just write down date, question, cards and positions, and maybe a very short blurb on the cards and an overall commentary (you could copy what you wrote here).

If you continue to find yourself a bit of a tried and tested subject, you can try telling your friends that you are looking for people to read for, explaining you're a beginner, but that you find tarot already very helpful for yourself.

You will be inundated with requests in no time flat ;). And it's one of the best ways to learn.

thnx for the suggestions. I'll try to write it down briefly, but I seem to resist writing in general and never write anything down--maybe I'll write the postions.

Sophie

Kingfish said:
thnx for the suggestions. I'll try to write it down briefly, but I seem to resist writing in general and never write anything down--maybe I'll write the postions.
Yes, that should be enough, especially if you add the few words you wrote in your opening post. The reason is so you can see your progress, both as a human being and as a tarot reader. It really helps your development. You can look back in six months' time and start seeing patterns, or where you were off, or where you were right, and maybe see some of the deeper subtleties of the cards.

SunChariot

Wow! I know that feeling too. I remember my first reading and how it felt. It is very magical isn't it? It's just amazing how Tarot works! I still feel awe at the magic of it each time.

Unfortunately, I know a lot of people feel a bit "spooked". I know I did too, at a few points in my learning process. I say "unfortunately" because the reason,to me, that we get that feeling is that we live ina society that reveres science and what can be proven and does not seem to have as much respect for spiritual pursuits and what cannot be proven. These are real and a real part of the universe all around us. We live in a spiritual universe, not just one that can be measured by science. It's just a shame to me that we are so unaccustomed to this side for the universe that is a part of its true nature that we can feel scared when we see it for the first time.

Yes, we live in a universe that wants to help us move forward. If we ask questions on how to do so, we will be helped. :grin:

It was my experience that learning to be a reader, rewrote my experience of what life is and how it works and broadened it. I was forced to broaden my world view as I learnt to read the cards because I was being clearly shown things that were not part of my current understanding of life as I knew it. And that opened me up to seeing worlds of beauty that I had had no idea existed before. :heart:

Babs

Kingfish

Cool. For me it's like a therapy session. I like the way the cards are like individual windows that open up situations to reflect on. It's a great (and fun!) tool.

kwesifriends

Wow congratulation and make more spread and continue it have fun!

Chronata

Oh cool! I loved reading this!

That fabulous feeling you get the first time (or sometimes even the thousandth time!) when all the cards just snap together and everything flows into perfect sense!
I can totally feel the joy and enthusiasm in your post!

Well done, Kingfish!