I have a client...

Sinduction

Solitaire* said:
I tried to think of it as though I were selling clothing. I wouldn't approve of the clothing choices made by a lot of the customers, but it wasn't my job to pass judgment.
My friends and I have a saying when we go shopping together. Sometimes there is no nice way to tell your friend that a particular item is less than becoming on them. So we say, "Girl, just cuz it comes in your size doesn't mean you gotta wear it!" Of course we giggle like schoolgirls afterwards. Your post made me think of that. :D

I have a friend too, that will not change what he's doing and expects things to magically work out. I get frustrated but I keep reading for him anyway. It's only a few moments out of my life that I can spare to someone in need. I just keep hoping that one day I reach him before he loses the woman he wants to marry or dies from alcohol poisoning.

Perhaps we all do the best we can and hope it all works out in the end. :)

floracove

...just a thought...

blackroseivy, I can't help but to think that if this woman does not already keep a personal journal that she would benefit from keeping one. That way she would have the things that occur written down with her own mind and hands. Seeing it in print just might be a good trigger for her growth.

It's just a suggestion, but I honestly think that she would come out better for keeping her own personal journal, if you feel to do so, maybe you could mention it to her.

:)

blackroseivy

Sorry I missed your posts, ladies! :)

Well, MAYBE I can take your suggestion, Flora - I just doubt that she would take it. & I do agree that all I can really do is read for her & hope for the best! She is STILL WITH THAT GUY!! :(

starrystarrynight

Sometimes it just takes time...

blackroseivy, here is another take...

I had a client much like yours (although with a totally different set of circumstances.) I read for her for several years...same basic question everytime. Same basic answer everytime.

I felt the same way you do...that she just wasn't listening to the cards or doing anything about what they were telling her.

However, after several years of this, there was a longer-than-usual delay in her coming to me for a reading, and what happened was that it took her THAT LONG to finally listen and understand. And then, once she did, she made amazing changes to her Self and now we are reading about other things entirely in her life.

She recently told me that she knew the cards had been right, but she felt trapped where she was. Her "learning curve" was long, but it was just something she had to go through in order to get to where she is today.

So, happy ending? I don't know...now she has a whole new set of problems. ;) But she still gets readings. And she listens and learns in her own time frame.

blackroseivy

Haha!! :D So THAT'S the secret, ay? Well, as I said I will go on being there for her & be sure NOT to mince a THING they have to say to her! :D

KaiMoonshadow

starrystarrynight said:
So, happy ending? I don't know...now she has a whole new set of problems. ;) But she still gets readings. And she listens and learns in her own time frame.

Wow, how inspiring! I'm glad there is a light at the end of the tunnel for some these guys... It's a tough old world out there!

Oh, and welcome back Starry! :)

starrystarrynight

KaiMoonshadow said:
Oh, and welcome back Starry!
Thanks, Kai! I'll be in and out as my therapy continues over the next months...but I will never give up AT! :D

KaiMoonshadow

starrystarrynight said:
Thanks, Kai! I'll be in and out as my therapy continues over the next months...but I will never give up AT! :D

Good stuff! :D Make sure you take care of yourself...

Going along the same theme of the thread, I just recently started getting a repeat client (online) who asks me the same question every time... Like everyone else's stories, the answer doesn't change for her and I felt like I'd phrased it in the best light possible so that she would at least feel hopeful that the situation she wanted WOULD eventually happen but it wouldn't be for a little while.

She sent me a rather short and formal reply after the last reading I sent to her, but I'm not going to lie to her and tell her what she wants to hear :(
It makes me feel so awkward! But to be honest, I don't think she will have a realisation like Starry's client - I think she will just keep going to other readers until she gets the answer she wants!