I need y'all's help.....

Tryska

I'm sketchy with reversed cards - i mean really on the fence about whether i want to read reversed or not.

so many meanings turn murky for me when i do take it into account, but i also am paranoid that if i don't take the reversal into account then i'm making a huge mistake! *lol*

so here's the deal - i did a simple yes/no spread on what would happen if I went someplace particular.

3 cards - 3~1~2

1. Question
2. If yes, then outcome
3. If no, then outcome.

So my question came up 6 of wands - which makes sense in the "i'm coming home, a victor" aspect.

but for yes/no cards i got:

yes - reversed Knight of Wands
no - reversed seven of swords

what the heck am i supposed to do with that? disregarding the reversals - i pick yes, but i'm an optimist.

Should I be picking no? is a reversed 7 of Swords a positive outcome? theivery thwarted? I'm clueless.

raeanne

Hi Tryska,
Were both yes and no cards reversed? If you look at the Knight of Wands (RWS deck) card reversed, it looks like the Knight is being bucked right off that horse. Now, that may not necessarily be a bad thing. The phrases "get off his high horse" comes to mind. If this saying is new to you, it means no longer trying to be something you are not or being more of a down to earth type person. Only you can tell whether the reversed Knight of Wands means "heading for a fall" or "down to earth". With the 7 of Swords reversed it is hard to see how this guy can hold on to all those swords. But, then again, with a reversed 7 of Swords, all the sharp points are pointed upward and maybe they are more dangerous. Personally, my first impression was that card number 1 shows the victor on his horse where card number 2 (the 'yes' answer) is reversed and the victor would fall off his horse and could get trampled. The 'no' answer however appears to get rid of sneakiness but also has the possibility of injuring someone with a bit of a poke with the sword. Of the two, the 'no' path seems to be the better choice to me.

Arania

That would be my view, too. I'd also think of the reversed 7 of Swords as "getting rid of the danger", something that may have been pressuring you for a while, like the obligation to go somewhere. I'd, for example, expect to see this if the place to go or not to go to was the in-laws' place, or the house of parents i don't get along with anymore.

Tryska

interesting reanne! I didn't even think about the victor coming in on his high horse and then getting bucked right off it, if "yes".

good call. I'm still hazy with the seven of swords tho. but it does seem a lesser of two evils course. perhaps a stop to sneaking around.

actually let's put it in terms of ego - i want to go someplace under one pretext, altho my intent is something else.

perhaps the yes is literally me getting knocked off my high horse, but the no is end to the (mild) subterfuge?

which being an honorable person (most of the time), would be the better path.

actually let's just be honest - i want to go to a particular hangout, where a guy i dealt with in the past works. While I love hanging out there in general, this particular time, i want to go specifically to get a read/closure on our intimate dealings.

firecatpickles

Tryska said:
is a reversed 7 of Swords a positive outcome?

Seven of Swords are Aquarius (idealism) and the Moon (the past). Idealizing the past? To reversed just means the same thing, only a more potent helping of it. Stalemate?

Tryska

well stalemate isn't an option i want to follow - that's what i am trying to resolve. *lol*

so let me ask you - what's your most dire explanation for Knight of Wands reversed?

Sienna

One of the possible meanings for 7 of Swords (rx) can mean appreciation or receiving an apology, don't know if that has any meaning to you in this context?

Knight of Wands (rx) can mean problems with commitment and treating sex as a novelty.

Hope this helps.

Sx

Tryska

*lol* sex as a novelty isn't a bad thing is it?

receiving an apology doesn't ring true to this situation - the lack of commitment and sex as novelty does. But not in a bad way.

Sienna

Well maybe you've got your answer ;)

Tryska

hah! maybe so.

I think perhaps on Friday, I shall do the reading again, and see what I get at that time.