I not very patient...Just opened my Tao Oracle

cjtarot

Hi all,

I was nauty..I opened my Christmas present a little errrr early..

I bout the TAO Oracle, couldnt wait, opened it the minute I got it. I think I need Taraholic's anonamous..lol

ANYHOO,

I LOVE THE DECK, I have not started reading the book, but I connect with the phylosophy and can read the cards already. I may have to study a little, but it will be worth it..this deck is BEAUTIFUL

And I quote from the book "These paintings are not subjective art, nor are they intended to be graphically hip or trendy. They speak, rather, through the universal language of archetypes and symbols, revealing deeper truths by communicating in a vital yet unspoken way"..

This deck is a must for Osho lovers and people interested in I Ching.

Let me knowwhat you think..

Blessings,

Cj

SherryZoned

Ohhh I want that deck!! HEHE glad you like it..

Trogon

CJ... I'm not finding this deck listed on either the Tarot Garden or the list of decks reviewed and shown on AT. Is there a web site which shows at least a few sample cards?

wavebreaker

You can find it here, Trogon.

It's on my wish list as well... ;)

Lee

Since this isn't a Tarot deck, I must move the thread...

The art on this deck looks wonderful. On my wish list too! :)

-- Lee

Alta

Oooh, get ready for a cranky post.
I looked at the cards and I do not think they are 'a visual I Ching'. Far from it.
I Ching does not have pictures, or not in the simplistic way that Ma Dev Padma shows them. The combination of numbers, directions, seasons, varaitions in light and dark, plus the interconnections between them are all lost in these cards. K'an as a picture of a pretty waterfall??!!! K'an is available on levels of danger, of keeping going, of awareness, of the time after harvest when the bitter cold sets in, as the polar opposite of Li (and hence its balancing force) and one of the representatives of the Yin force in earthly form. It is also available at the centres of things, that which grows in the protection of darkness. It is the wild courage of those who know they have only themselves for defense. It refers to a courageous, bold person, a sort of Knight of Wands person. If you can get all, and more, of that from the picture of a waterfall, god/dess bless you.
And as for the key words, some are all right, but 'dark emotions', 'insecurity'??? If you wanted key words, why buy a deck? The Holitzka deck is way better.
http://www.wicce.com/holitzka.html

Kaz

i dont know a thing about i-ching yet, but i do agree with you marion on the sheer simple beauty of the holitzka deck.
hmmm, i dont want to add more decks to my collection, would you trade it?

kaz

cjtarot

Keep cranking..lol

Marion,

"Cranky Post"..lol

How do you expect us novice to learn without informed observations like yours.

I personally don't know much about the ICheng so your post has me thinking. Will have to look into it.

Blessings and thanks for the knowledge..(still love my deck though..)

<| : )

Cj

Jewel

Okies ... dug up this thread to get an update on this deck *LOL* ... Yesterday I saw this Oracle at the bookstore and almost got it, the artwork is gorgeous. So today I went and read a couple of reviews on Amazon and well of course one thing led to another and I ordered it ... shoot it was about $7.50 cheaper and with one other thing I ordered there was no shipping cost so I ordered it.

I would love to hear any more experiences others have had with this deck. Thoughts, etc. Like CJ I know nothing about the I-Ching, other than 3 I-Ching coins are used. Thanks for sharing.

RAVENAL

Tao Oracle

I love this deck...and a" visual I Ching" is not the same thing as throwing the sticks...I agree...but I am not a purist...and the Tao has different lessons for each...as a visual artist I connected immediately and deeply with this deck...(it also harmonizes with my philosophy which is more Taoist with age...reflection...and having lived in Asia for 3 1/2 years...)

I too had a similar initial response to that waterfall card...because waterfalls are beautiful...but have you ever been to Niagra Falls...? And the card is dark and deep and of a power unknowable and unstoppable...very primal and potientally destructive...water is at the core of our being...and its cleansing powers are legendary... and mysterious...so upon imagining myself within that image and remembering Niagra...(I took the boat under the falls and the tour thru the surrounding land behind the falls)...and as a swimmer in the oceans tides who's been tumbled by the waves and unexpectedly had to fight for breath...the surface and my life...I had a much more comprehensive understanding of this archetype...and of the artist's use of this image as representative of this energy...it makes sense to me but I had to give it time to grow...

and that's another thing I love about this deck...the personal growth it has brought to me and the people I've used it for in readings is astonishing...it's simple but not simplistic...very Zen...and very connecting into the Universal pattern which enfolds us all...and all that exists...and nothing/no-thing...

sometimes we need more visual information and as vision is our primary sense...these images helped me to a better visual understanding of the I Ching principles which are expressed as pattern and then verbal interpretations of these patterns and the underlying energy they represent... which we may not allow ourselves to experience at the more primal level... or may have trouble connecting with verbally or in the more simplistic pattern of the fallen sticks...

I also loved the tactile quality of these cards and the soft matte finish...the size is just right and the ease of shuffling put me in a very meditative/trance like state...the interpretations are excellent and provide a harmonious unity which I find resonates well with me...and the artist's clarity of vision and the love she has put into this deck/system is so very apparrent..

but obviously we are all different and thankfully so...no deck will be for everyone...we can learn from all of our experiences and the experiences of others...so thank you all for sharing your thoughts...I will look into this other deck as I am not familliar with it yet...enjoy...