I thought I was IN, then OUT, now definitely IN

Grizabella

My two favorite bead sources:

http://www.bakerbaybeads.com

http://www.firemountaingems.com

Fire Mountain will send you a huge color catalog for free if you go to their website and request it. Baker Bay is just a small (but wonderful) bead store on the lake here so they don't have a big glitzy catalog but they're great for customer service, honesty, speed of mailing, and good prices.

These won't help you for this event but for getting ready for future events or for your office, they could come in handy for you. :)

Sheri

WOO HOO!!! I SURVIVED :eek:)

OMG!!! The WOE was the best thing I could have ever done!!!

There were a few Christian fundie orgs there in addition to the radio station (I found out later) but they were way more focused on the fact that the organizer invites Planned Parenthood to the event (the organizer ROCKS. She told them that she believes in choice and if they don't like it they don't have to be there :D). Besides, anyone giving me a hard time yesterday and today would have been beaten to bloody pulps by the mobs of people waiting for free readings.

I thought I would keep track of how many readings I gave, but didn't. I estimate that I gave between 50 and 60 readings over the 2 days. :bugeyed: I have a blister on my right thumb from shuffling the Golden so many times.

I showed up early on Friday and finished setting up. I was a bit apprehensive because my neighbor booth was the "Secret Society of Moms" and they are a relatively conservative org, but with a sense of humor. She was the first reading I did -- then she sent her son's over! I went non-stop from 1pm on Friday to 8:30pm. Again, I only had one bottle of water and the time just flew by. I could hardly stand up!

Today, I packed 3 bottles of water and I got there about 9:30am and gave a reading to someone who was running the booth across from mine and wanted a reading Friday. I read until 6:30pm tonight, even though the event closed at 5pm, because the organizer sent all her friends and helpers over for readings after the event. She and her partner were the last 2 I read for. They were very cool, and I think this was really worth doing for my business. None of the people I read for had been to the Psychic Expo I did in the spring, so this was exposure to a whole new client base.

I only drew a blank on 2 people, getting close to the end of the event tonite. They couldn't really focus on what they wanted to know and the cards echoed that. I told them both to take my card and give me a call when they have an issue and I would give them a free reading.

I attached some pictures of my space. It isn't much, but I did the best I could in about 2 hours. It was functional and only took about a half an hour to take down. On Saturday, I moved the table back and added a couple of chairs as a "waiting area" out of the aisleway. My phone's battery died over night into Saturday so I didn't have a chance to take pics on Saturday.

How can I be both exhausted and revitalized at the same time? I've never been so tired and so happy :D

Thanks to all of you for your great ideas and you supportive energy! It really helped me!

:love: valeria

Attachments

• WOE2008_1.jpg
    WOE2008_1.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 78
  • WOE2008_2.jpg
    WOE2008_2.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 88
  • WOE2008_3.jpg
    WOE2008_3.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 70

Grizabella

I'm glad it went so well for you. :D And I just love the pink with the little lights! It looks so ethereal and pretty!

That's funny about the fundamentalists being in more of an uproar over Planned Parenthood than Tarot. :p They've always gotta be going after somebody, it seems like. At least they weren't picketing your booth or something.

starrystarrynight

Brava, Valeria!!

Your booth looked nice (next time, you need a big sign to put behind you like the vendors on either side of you.) Do and learn.

What a great time you must have had!!

minrice

That is so exciting Valeria! I'm so happy for you! Your space is adorable, I love the pink too.

Skydancer

Wow! What a great time for you!!
Thank you for posting the pictures. Gives me hope for my future as a fair reader. :)

A backdrop sign would be a good touch - so people can see what you do/are from a distance; draw them in by curiosity!

*S*

Umbrae

That's a long ways from...where was it...Marysville.

Chronata

Awesome! Congratulations!

I love the whole pink fairy light look of your booth! It's very warm and inviting!

I really hope this experience opens up a world of PAID Readings for you!

Sheri

Chronata said:
Awesome! Congratulations!

I love the whole pink fairy light look of your booth! It's very warm and inviting!

I really hope this experience opens up a world of PAID Readings for you!

Thanks, Chronata! The theme was "A Day in Paris" with the color scheme of pink, black and white, so I went with pink, even though I'm not into pink myself. Most of the booths had images of the Eiffel Tower or models of it. All I could manage was the little box I had on my table to hold candy. :D

Ohh! I hope I get a lot of paying clients, too! :D

:love: Sheri

Sheri

Grizabella said:
I'm glad it went so well for you. :D And I just love the pink with the little lights! It looks so ethereal and pretty!

That's funny about the fundamentalists being in more of an uproar over Planned Parenthood than Tarot. :p They've always gotta be going after somebody, it seems like. At least they weren't picketing your booth or something.

Thanks, Grizabella! :D

They wouldn't have been allowed to picket anyone. The organizer of this Expo does it the way she wants it, and is accountable to no one else. She's a very cool, very strong person, with a great personality (her name is Cheri -- different spelling but all us "Sheri's" are alike! :D). I am happy to read for her next year for free as well, I've already decided.

Even if not for my business, but for the fact that I am reading in a mainstream public venue, showing that Tarot readers aren't criminals, crackpots, or spawn of Satan and the cards are nothing to be afraid of. Around here, the masses are for reading rather than against, and that's the way I want to keep it. :D

:love: valeria