In a reading funk

MysticalMoose

I had this recently too...& most frustrating it was ...I'd pick up a deck & ...NOTHING...:bugeyed: just like oooh pretty pictures...it was like my intuition had completely deserted me...I asked the same question of people here & realising that I wasn't alone in feeling like this made it a bit easier to deal with. I too had been more focused on my own personal trials & romantic tribulations & tales of woe :rolleyes: & because of this I had temporarily stopped reading for others as I wasn't focused enough... & as soon as I just accepted that I was having a "tarot-break" i stopped freaking out. I had little or no interest in even reading here on AT which is totally unheard of! So I stopped trying to force the issue & just left it...After a short while I found I wanted to shuffle a deck & just look thru them but I stopped short of reading even for myself..then gradually I felt more inclined to lay out a spread & soon was itching to get back out there, I'm still not fully "recovered" but am getting there & I'm sure you will too, just don't be too hard on yourself :love:

Becki xx :heart:

HighPriestesss

MysticalMoose said:
. . .I'm still not fully "recovered" but am getting there & I'm sure you will too, just don't be too hard on yourself :love:

Someone should invent a "12-Step Process" for us! When clients are waiting, we need to zoom thru recovery FAST!

VenetianMask

Don't worry, Annabelle. It will pass. I have it,too,sometimes. Just take a break and concentrate on other things. Or maybe you have too much stress in your life? Either way-I'm sure you haven't lost your gift, it's still there-it's just on a small vacation :)

HearthCricket

I just found this thread. Annabelle, I know what you are saying. I've been through this before, sometimes even lasting a year, and more recently, a few weeks. I felt like, in spite of being surrounded by all these wonderful new decks that have recently come out, everytime I glanced at them I was just going through the motions and eventually stopped pulling them out. I can't think of a decent excuse, except that I wasn't feeling good at the time and had a lot on my mind, so tarot just took a place on the back-burner for a while. It is strange, too, because just when you really need that healing or spirituality that tarot can give you, you end up walking away from it. One day, while out doing errands, I picked up a spare Robin Wood and began to use it. I still am. It was great to get back to an old familiar deck that reads so well for me, without any studying or in depth books. Just whip the baby out! Now I feel my interest growing, again, and though not reading every single day (why should I, anyhow?), it has brought me back to my decks with a newfound appreciation. For now I am sticking with my Robin Wood even though I have other decks set up downstairs waiting their turn! Just part of the process, I suppose!

le fey

These cyclical down times used to bother me a lot. Then I realized that everything IN Tarot is about cycles and patterns of energy increasing, stabilizing , destabilizing and decreasing.

So why shouldn't that play out for working with Tarot itself?

I try to let it play itself out now. If I want to stay connected at times when I can't read, I'll do other things with Tarot, whether its just rearranging my decks, enjoying some craft time with bags and boxes, coloring Tarot cards or whatever. Or just go sit on the porch and read a good book and let it go totally for awhile. I know I'm ready to start up again when I start seeing Tarot themes in everyday life or in characters and plots in books and movies.

Cerulean

Felt burn...return...relearn...nocturne...

Well...there are sometimes I have to slow my tarot reading work or play and also just not have involvement in reading face to face.

I can read and interact, but it needs to be phone or internet, which kind of slows the delivery down.

Sometimes shoulders and eyes are afire by the end of a work week and I am more likely to wash dishes or clip a hedge to work off mental steam or aches--tarot reading and creative writing for me sometimes seem to pull from similar roots. I heard a writer say she would vaccum and get good ideas...I heard of a teacher who would do drum rhythms--I notice if I could do regular movement that might help me 'work' out ideas, I am better at results.

Maybe sleeping on the tarot reading results would allow time for your brain process tarot in the nocturnal time as you might be in relearning mode.

Sometimes I have to slow down the tarot reading incubation process so much, it becomes a reading I process over days.

Good luck!