In case of emergency - Shuffle cards~!

Do you carry an "emergency" Tarot deck with you?

• Yes - I habitually have a deck on me at all times

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Sometimes - I might have a deck on me for an emergency reading

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • Not often - I usually don't carry decks on me

Votes: 50 40.0%
  • Never - Take my beautiful decks from their safe and loving home? Are you nuts?

Votes: 14 11.2%

• Total voters

huredriel

Nope, afraid I don't. Only take a deck out with me sometimes if going to a friend's house, otherwise they stay indoors.

WalesWoman

I take atleast one deck with me when going on long trips... includes overnight ones. LOL
Otherwise, they stay home.
I swear I have the most incurious freinds... no one will admit to wanting a reading!

If it weren't for reading exchanges my decks would get dusty.

Jewel

Not emergency deck but comfort deck

I always have a deck with me, and have for about 10 years. It is not for "emergency" readings, I just like having one. I usually do not even pull it out *LOL*. It is just comforting to me to have one with me. Like you said Alissa, in case I get bored I can look at the pretty pictures.

WhiteRaven

I seldom carry them with me unless I know that I will be away for awhile....and then I usually only carry my Medicine cards.

sharpchick

What a coincidence - I saw this thread just after I decided to clean my purse out last night so I could carry a deck with me all the time. Usually I just take one if I know I will be playing the "waiting game" somewhere, or when I travel, but for some reason last night, I felt the need to carry a deck with me all the time - at least for a while.

WolfSpirit

When I just go out during the day, I don't carry a deck with me.

I normally take one with me if I go visit my family and stay overnight (not to do readings for them as they are not into tarot at all; but I like going through a deck before going to sleep), or when I intend to sit by the waterside or in the woodlands to meditate.

I would sooner take a deck with me to meditate rather than to do emergency readings.

Sunset Poet

i only take a deck out with me if im going to a friends house to do a reading for them - other then that they stay at home.

no need to use them for anything else i suppose

Elven

As the saying goes 'Never leave home without it' :p
OK - well not to go to the Supermarket or the pool!

Blessings
Elven x

brenmck

Alissa -

Could you share with us what spread you used for that dream interpretation?

brenmck

magpie9

I always always always have at least one with me, and have for years. Now and then I do an "emergency reading" for someone, but mostly it's there to keep me company.......and sometimes to while away waiting time, or study. The deck is chosen pretty much daily, because it's new, or I want to study it, or feel especially drawn to it that day.
When it's 2 or 3 decks, one is meant to read for others with, one is meant to study, and the last is for looking through and bonding with--usually the newest deck in the house.