In case of emergency - Shuffle cards~!

Do you carry an "emergency" Tarot deck with you?

• Yes - I habitually have a deck on me at all times

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Sometimes - I might have a deck on me for an emergency reading

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • Not often - I usually don't carry decks on me

Votes: 50 40.0%
  • Never - Take my beautiful decks from their safe and loving home? Are you nuts?

Votes: 14 11.2%

• Total voters

Valerieb66

I only bring a deck with me (not mini) when going on a trip and not coming back home that night... of coarse on vacations or a weekend-away are the times i always have a deck with me (and usually some tarot-related-books)

lark

Always carry two decks in my purse both pocket size Hanson Roberts and RWS.
I would rather have bigger decks, but I like small purses.
Time to buy a bigger purse.

Once in the book store a woman saw me looking at the tarot books and asked me if I read.
I hesitated, and when I did she said....."because if you don't have a deck with you I'll buy you any one you want in return for a reading."

I passed up her generous offer, for some reason it made me nervous.

gollog

I only carry a deck when i stay somewhere overnight as well, preferably when my I'm staying overnight by myself instead of my boyfriend going with me because he is totally not into the cards :(

Grizabella

I always carry at least one deck with me wherever I go. Right now it's my Gilded, but in the past it was Buckland or Universal Waite.

Chronata

I got my mini Hanson roberts after I lost my beloved bigger version.

And even since my beloved deck has been recovered, I still love the little mini because it fits so nic eand snuggly in my purse.

Lately, I have been carrying a lot of diferent emergeny oracle decks with me too...but those I definitely rotate. :)

Logiatrix

It's usually a poker deck that travels with me, because
I'm not so sensitive to damage or loss when it comes to
my playing cards.
If I'm traveling far away from home, then I'll take all four
of my favorite "working" decks along with me.
Very occasionally, there are days when I want one of my
beloved tarots at work with me, so I'll go ahead and
carry one or even two.
But I always have at least a poker deck with me.
Does that count?
:)

mythos

If I'm travelling, I take a deck or two, otherwise, I only ever take one with me to Tarot Cafe ... then I don't do any readings because I am so very aware of my inexperience and get the 'freak-out-jitters'.

mythos:bugeyed:

Tongodiva

Every Where I Go :)

I carry my thoth deck everywhere I carry my red back pack, and that is Every Where I Go. It's the only deck I have and I like to do readings or just look at the cards when I have a break at work. I'll take it out at home to do some meditating with it and whatnot, but on the occasions I forget to put it back in my backpack, it's like I'm missing a lung! *giggle* I feel the lack of the weight of it and i'm unbalanced for the day. ;)

Ambience

I take my deck everywhere...

I take my decks' to work and read for my collegues, and anywhere else i can. Practice makes perfect as they say! I should start charging LOL!

I do worry about carrying them around, however i feel they draw on my energy and i build a better relationship with them if they are close.

I do need some added protective box though, will have to invest in something like this! I realise this now, otherwise my cards are going to get worn. I don't think it's disrespectful to carry them with you either, i think it's an honour for them that they mean so much to you!

Love *& Light, Janey xx

Kiama

A Tarot deck is the tool of my 'trade'. Therefore, I think it only right to carry one with me wherever I go - you never know who might want a reading! It also allows me to get in some practice by reading for people. I rarely use a deck to read for myself when I'm not at home, so really I carry a deck round with me for other people.

Kiama