Index: Pictures of Trimmed Decks

strings of life

I did it. I trimmed and corner rounded my Illuminated and it is finally the deck I wanted it to be! The colors just flow from card to card - gorgeous!

Photos tomorrow. Oh, my sore hands [ouch]. It was worth it though.

Silver Crow

Looking forward to that one! Your inspiration is divine!

shadowdancer

glad someone else trimmed their Illuminated. I know the majority will recoil with horror at even the thought but you are right - bordless the colours absolutely bounce. I have done this to all three of my decks and have absolutely no regrets. If you know the RWS imagery you do not need the title and border. Good on you auracana

Davina

strings of life

Here are two photos of my trimmed medium Illuminated :D. One has a few cards and one is a close up of The Sun and The Moon.

shadowdancer said:
glad someone else trimmed their Illuminated. I know the majority will recoil with horror at even the thought but you are right - bordless the colours absolutely bounce. I have done this to all three of my decks and have absolutely no regrets. If you know the RWS imagery you do not need the title and border. Good on you auracana

Davina
I remember reading somewhere that you trimmed yours but I can't find your posts. I was a bit weary in the beginning since I was afraid of damaging a somewhat costly deck, but I am very pleased with the results. I am going to use find sandpaper to touch up on the edges as well.

I can't express how much I love the deck now. It really opens it up in a new way.

Attachments

• illuminated-tarot-trimmed.jpg
    illuminated-tarot-trimmed.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 708
  • illuminated-trimmed-sun-moon.jpg
    illuminated-trimmed-sun-moon.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 498

Flaxen

That deck looks absolutely beautiful!

I can totally understand the deck trimming now that I have finished trimming my Fey. My readings with it just seem to flow so much better now. I'm really glad I took the plunge despite my fear of making a huge mistake!

Silver Crow

Lovely! Isn't it liberating?

Flaxen

Here are some images of my trimmed Fey.

Trouble is, I now find myself looking at other decks thinking 'shall I trim that one too?'.

Attachments

• fey trimmed 67.jpg
    fey trimmed 67.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 475

Silver Crow

Trimming can easily become an addiction.

MoonGypsy

Flaxen said:
Here are some images of my trimmed Fey.

Trouble is, I now find myself looking at other decks thinking 'shall I trim that one too?'.
oooh, Flaxen! i traded my Fey, but seeing your trimmed Fey makes me want to re-acquire one to trim! It looks like a completely different deck to me now! The colors just POP!

Hugs and Blessings,
MGxxx

Flaxen

Thank you :)

I'd definitely recommend it - my readings with it just seems to flow so much better now. The images run together to make a story without the border. It feels like a different deck.

Shall I pop over to the enabling thread? :)