Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Lounge ~ Part IV

thorhammer

Totally understandable, 2_J. Best wishes to your grandma for a speedy recovery, and to you for a smooth passage through these travails.

\m/ Kat

zan_chan

Oh, 2_Journey, I'm so sorry to hear that. Thanks so much for checking in here to let us know. I'll light a candle for your grandmother, and send as much positive energy to both her and you as I can.

You know we'll be waiting for you with open arms once she recovers and things get back to normal for you.

((((((((2_Journey and Grandma))))))))

2_Journey

((((((thorhammer and zan))))))

Thank you so much! I will come back and check in once everything settles down a bit. Right now it's all moving so fast.

Strangely, I felt compelled to pull out a new deck for the first time since I began my IDS. I didn't, but I think I just wanted escapism or something, you know?

Bat Chicken

(((2_Journey))). I hope everything works out, sending more positive energy! :love:

Well - I spent some time this evening with the Blake and checked off and on a VERY exciting Olympic day for Canada. I spent the afternoon planning out a small series of paintings that I am completing for an exhibition of abandoned and historic interiors later this year and the morning working on a logo for a customer. My time is getting tight just as I am gaining momentum.

I had the realization that a critical mass of sorts has happened in terms of my understanding of the Blake. Blake's mythology of Albion seems to remind me more of Egypt and Osiris in its complicated and convoluted characters and their sources. I hit overload at one point and wondered if I had any chance of even remotely grasping the possibilities and the depth of knowledge of Blake that is represented in this deck. The deck is a creative thing in itself interpreting Blake through his work inspired by others and I am getting a little lost in some of the collage works. I may have to stop digging through the sources of every card for understanding and simply accept Buryn's expression for the needs of Tarot and Buryn's use of Albion as an overarching metaphor. I want to be careful that I am not overwhelmed by information and lose the beauty and the potential for my own inspiration!

I am so tempted to blast my book budget and pick up a book that looks at Blake in light of Jung's archetypes - which seems so perfectly natural an idea. I have been making up for months of staying away from buying books to going on a bender this winter. Going to try an de-enable myself...

Going to go to bed and cool my brain!

Mi-Shell

((((2_Journey))))
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and Gran. :love:

(((Bat Chicken)))
I have No clue about the Blake thing but you sound, as if you too need a huuuuuggggg.

ncefafn

2_Journey -- prayers and bright blessings for you and your family at this scary time.

Wendywu

Ah 2 Journey - I've been where your gran now is and in the midst of all her pain and difficulty she will be wanting to know that you are as happy as you can be - so do whatever it takes to get you there. She will need the comfort of knowing that all is exactly as usual in her family and so if you need to spend time with family, so that you can all cling together and get some comfort from each other - that's a wonderful way of helping your gran.

I will be praying for you and gran as hard as I can :heart:

victoria.star

(((2Journey and Gran)))

Hi everyone.
I am working with Yira on the recent IDS #12. Dear Ironwing kept showing me a Horned Ancestor and I am having a challenge trying to define whata horned ancestor is...
Do you guys have any links or suggestions?
Thanks.

yirabeth

Oh dear..I really put my foot in it there..I didn't mean to make it harder on you! I have read what you posted and am thinking it all through..I tend to be slow to react, but I'll have my thoughts in order in a bit and will post back.

((hug))

~Yira