Intensive Deck Study - Newly Started

Ivy Rhiannon

Ivy Rhiannon, Minotauro, and Penthasilia,
Thank you for sharing your ways of journaling about individual cards! I find each of your versions very useful and will also happily borrow the idea to make my own points to write down notes on specific cards (even though I'm not IDSing right now but doing the "Deck of the Week" project instead). :thumbsup:

May I also suggest that you copy your posts into the study group area (and if your decks is on the study group index already, drop Sulis a hint so she can add any new threads to the index)? It would be a pity of future readers wouldn't find this information because it's hidden away in the IDS thread!

Happy IDSing!

Thanks! I've gotten some more ideas from you guys too! I love the quote that Pent did and the real life story Mino did!

Yeah if you post a pic Eagle we can have a looksie and see if we can help.

I have been soo terrible not doing my studies these last few days but I had to move and I didn't know when I would be back online again. Still been spending time with the cards. I'll post the High Priestess next :)

Emily

Ivy Rhiannon, Minotauro, and Penthasilia, I'm really enjoying your postings on your cards.

My Animal Wise came yesterday and I will be using them for this study. I've read mixed reviews of this deck but I'm very took with them. I love the fact that there are no humans in the deck at all. I haven't come across an image I don't like yet.

I hope I can make my postings as good as the ones I'm reading on here. :)

I think I shall start with the Fool - Coyote because this card has already spoke to me.

Ivy Rhiannon

Ivy Rhiannon, Minotauro, and Penthasilia, I'm really enjoying your postings on your cards.

My Animal Wise came yesterday and I will be using them for this study. I've read mixed reviews of this deck but I'm very took with them. I love the fact that there are no humans in the deck at all. I haven't come across an image I don't like yet.

I hope I can make my postings as good as the ones I'm reading on here. :)

I think I shall start with the Fool - Coyote because this card has already spoke to me.

Thanks :D I am glad to see you joining us! I look forward to your findings!

Sulis

Moderator note

Cat* said:
May I also suggest that you copy your posts into the study group area
Just a quick note to say that copying a post into another subforum or thread is against the forum rules. It's known as cross-posting and the forum rules say this:
forum rules said:
Post in the right place
Make an effort to find the most suitable board for your question, so you will receive more replies. Don't cross-post or repeat the same message in more than one board.

Could I suggest that you post in the study group for the deck you're using if it has one and add a link to that post to this thread?
I think that would solve the cross-posting problem :).

Sulis - moderator

Ivy Rhiannon

Animals Divine

Title/Number: 2 The High Priestess - Bast

Picture: http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd443/TrinityQueen/2-TheHighPriestess-Bast.jpg

First Impression: My first impression of Bast was one of excitement. I love Egyptian Culture and Mythology. I have a cat, and she being the Feline Goddess I have a special attraction to her. At first I was a bit disappointed they featured her resembling a house cat anthro. I personally see Bast as more of a wild, dark panther type. Sleek, black and supremely graceful. Still I can see why the artist did use this interpretation, as every cat is in touch with their wild side. :D

Description: Bast is standing in front of the night sky that has cat spirits in the leaping through the astral background. She is wearing a robe over her (feline but not so feminine) body. In her left hand a spiral of energy is glowing over a lion head breastplate (didn't recognize what it was at first). She is adorned in jewels, with one gemstone at her third eye.

Feminine/Masculine/Neutral: Feminine

Colors: Gold, Browns, Teal, Aqua, & other Blues, Grey, White, & Black.

Senses: I can see her intense stare peering into my soul, the exact way a cat would look at you as if she is seeing your bones. A warm energy pulses in her hand. I can hear silence, the kind it takes to listen to the heart and the voice of intuition. I taste the fresh air and can smell hot sand cooling under the stars. I feel her confidence, her majestic presence and the power that flows from her hand.

Symbols: Bast, Jewel at third eye, Lion head breastplate, spiral energy, stars, astral cats.

Story [Intuitive]: The Great Goddess Bast stands before me as I near her majestic presence. She lets out a hushed purr and eyes me with that piercing stare. I do not look away for my soul is naked before her and I have nothing to hide. She blinks long and slow as the corners of her mouth turn into a slight smile. The air doesn't have the courage to shift across the cooling sands. All stands before her in awe and reverence. The open stars call to me, their brilliant light stirring an ancient and indescribable feeling within me that somewhere among them was a place I once called home. The gentle caress of her touch pulls me to the present moment. She strokes my cheek and then with a quick scratch of her nail she opens my third eye. A trickle of blood drips from the wound, a red tear of release. A whisper comes into my mind then, You are ready my child. Go find your heart and follow it well. Listen to its secrets. The mind can trick the tongue into telling lies, but alas the heart cannot. Above her the ancestors leap through the heavens and roar in celebration. They will be my guides on the long journey ahead, and I would serve my Goddess well.

My Experience as the High Priestess: Tarot, Reiki, and life experience has taught me much about intuition. For me the High Priestess isn't about fancy titles and exuberant rituals. Its about being a powerful teacher. A mostly humble and mostly thankless job. You are the giver of wisdom learned. The helper, the servant. I have learned the hard way the more you try to "be" someone the more labels and titles you take on. When you just stop, you are free to "be" yourself. This is the High Priestess to me.

Astrological Reference: The Moon

Cultural Reference: Egyptian culture highly revered cats for their ability to fight vermin and cobras that threatened food supplies. Many were seen as parts of the family and were mourned and mummified beside their owners. Killing a cat was punishable by death. Bast, also called Bastet is a modern adaptation of the Goddess' name. The original meaning has been long forgotten. She was pictured either as a fierce lioness or a woman with the head of a cat. She was the protector of lower Egypt and defender of the pharaoh. She was said to be the married to the Sun God Ra and it earned her the title (the Eye of Ra). One of the most important festivals in Egypt was in honor of Bast. The woman engaged in music, song, and dance. Great sacrifices were made and large amount of alcohol were drank. [source wikipedia]

Elemental Reference: Air because of all the wide open sky and energy she is working with, water because of the moon astrology and veil between the worlds.

Numerology Reference: 2 - Duality, Harmony,

Keywords:

Possible Meanings:

Quote: "Your vision will only become clear when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside: dreams. Who looks inside: awakes." ~ Carl Jung

((( Will finish the rest a bit later today! Yay new spread sheet! )))

Soaring Eagle

Vision Quest - 6 of Fire

I will see if this link will work. I just can't figure this out. Vision Quest 6 of Fire

If anyone knows what it is, I would appreciate the help. I hate not knowing something, and this is really bugging me.

Soaring Eagle

Just a quick note to say that copying a post into another subforum or thread is against the forum rules. It's known as cross-posting and the forum rules say this:

Could I suggest that you post in the study group for the deck you're using if it has one and add a link to that post to this thread?
I think that would solve the cross-posting problem :).

Sulis - moderator

Sorry Sulis, I guess I didn't think about the cross-posting issue.

Emily

I will see if this link will work. I just can't figure this out. Vision Quest 6 of Fire

If anyone knows what it is, I would appreciate the help. I hate not knowing something, and this is really bugging me.

It looks like some kind of daisy? Doesn't look like a sunflower.

It could be some kind of Aster?

Penthasilia

It is an orange coneflower- you were correct to think it was in the echinacea family, because it is :D Don't let the upgoing petals throw you off, that is how they look when they first open. I've attached a couple pictures :D

Attachments

• orange-cone-flowers-suzanne-gaff.jpg
    orange-cone-flowers-suzanne-gaff.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Echina41.jpg
    Echina41.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 166

Soaring Eagle

It is an orange coneflower- you were correct to think it was in the echinacea family, because it is :D Don't let the upgoing petals throw you off, that is how they look when they first open. I've attached a couple pictures :D

Thank you so much. I thought it must be, but was really thrown off by the upwards petals. I spent 4 hours searching online last yesterday and last night.