Intuition when picking the cards

oddtarot

When choosing the cards, I intend to pick the last card, but at the last moment I got a flash of insight that the right card would be 2 cards away. I picked it and did a reading with them, but I was curious and looked at the card I did not pick, it was the death card.

Have you ever had such a situation before? Do you think there is any kind of significance?

Grizabella

No, I don't think there is. Whichever card you choose is up to you so what you got was what you thought you should pick and is fine. You got the card you were supposed to get. At least, if I understand what it is you're meaning.

Carla

I would say just go with the cards you did pick and don't be concerned with the ones you didn't. Otherwise, you'd have to be worried about why you didn't pick every other card in the deck. ;)

oddtarot

Thanks for replying, I think you are both quite right and I should not be worried about what I did not pick.

periwinkling

I sometimes get a feeling like this, and if I ignore it I end up being totally confused and have to reshuffle the deck and start from the beginning...

Eeviee

When I fan my cards to pick for spreads, I usually use my palms to "sense" any energy. I usually do this while keeping a specific question in mind, so I tend to think the cards are acting like school-children, but instead of raising/waving their hands around, they send me a "signal" to let me know they have my answer. ;]

Eeviee

Ps. To my understanding, intuition is going with your gut; listening to something your rational mind is not telling you. In my experince, the intuitive information is always correct, even if your rational mind tries to tell you otherwise... your mind may argue and try to get you to use logic (IE following a sequence, doing what you're SUPPOSED to do, etc), but usually you just confuse yourself in the process.
I'm a firm believer that divination requires either intuition (strong will and personal power) or psychism (sensing information from beyond yourself), and it sounds like you're beginning to develop your own intuition... listen to your "little voice" more often and see what it has to share with you. =]

oddtarot

It would be great to develop intuition, I intend to listen to it more often. Psychism sounds exciting though.

I like the idea of sensing for energy, it is like the cards are responding.

Princess Of Wands

These situations are quite normal for me :) I was always very intuitive person... (but it doesn't mean, that my intuition doesn't fail. Emotions are sometimes so strong, then they shout down this silent voice inside you). Use you intuition more often and absorb energy of cards. I am sure, it will help! :)

oddtarot

Hi Princess of Wands, thanks for replying. I will be using my intuition more often, it helps even in daily life. :)