Intuition when picking the cards

dawntarot

I don't pick cards, I deal from the top. I shuffle until I sense the cards I need have worked their way to the top.

Amanda

I'm dipping into just pulling but before I just shuffled and dealt. So far, I just run my fingers through the cards until I feel I've landed on the one I want. Haven't become too confused yet on which card is the "right" one...

oddtarot

Those are very interesting ways to choose the card. I am into the fanning and picking because they show that more often on the television

Carla

Those are very interesting ways to choose the card. I am into the fanning and picking because they show that more often on the television

:D

I mix the techniques. I shuffle and cut for the first draw. If I decide I want more cards, I fan and pick. I have no idea why I do this, it just seems right.

Nytebugg

I sort of do whatever feels right. sometimes I shuffle, cut and draw from whichever stack feels right. other times I shuffle, cut the deck and then fan them out and select them one at a time.

SunChariot

When choosing the cards, I intend to pick the last card, but at the last moment I got a flash of insight that the right card would be 2 cards away. I picked it and did a reading with them, but I was curious and looked at the card I did not pick, it was the death card.

Have you ever had such a situation before? Do you think there is any kind of significance?

No, I don't think so. Your intuition told you which card to pick and that was the one. The only significance was a message in the importance of intuiton. The other card was unimportant.

Babs

Emerald Isles

I prefer to do the fan-and-select method myself. It just feels right to me. I also move one hand over the deck to choose the cards. Lately I've started to feel an actual sensation in my hand when I hover over the card that feels right. I don't really know how to explain it, but it's weird.

oddtarot

I sometimes feel the card, but I seem to use intuition more when it comes to the cards.

Alta

I shuffle for a while then slide the cards into a long overlapping line on the table. I intuitively pick cards from the row. Seems to work.