Is Reading For Yourself Dangerous?

Umbrae

I suppose introspection with a pre-frontal lobotomy could be dangerous – or is that introspection with a free bottle in front of me…Angus! This was full when we sat down!?!

:smoker:

full deck

firemaiden said:
. . . Methodology itself is one of the most extreme dangers we face when opening a deck of tarot cards. I cannot caution you enough, beware of Methodology, you can get your hair tangled in its giant tentacles, and if one of its suckers adheres to your head, it will inject you with a paralysing agent, and slowly slurp out every last drop of your creativity, while you struggle in vain to move your limbs.
Perhaps my choice of words needs clarification. One must develop *technique* in whatever they do to attain excellence. Usually, one may employ a "method" or "methodology" to gain such, i.e., practice certain things a certain way, while realizing the method is not the thing that is to be learned but merely a tool for learning what must be learned. One example are scales. Scales are not music but are a part of it. It is how one uses them that determines if it is art or just an exercise.

Adjustment

It depends if you read for yourself and tend to get depressed and confused with the answers then reading for yourself can become a weapon. I knew a friend that used to read for herself as a beginer, she took the card too much on her heart misreading the message in the cards in very negative way. iIremember it caused her a little trouble in her relationship with her husband by the way she was acting because of her readings.

tarotbear

full deck said:
One example are scales. Scales are not music but are a part of it. It is how one uses them that determines if it is art or just an exercise.

I agree with that! Every time I step on my scale, it it sings loudly for me to get off! :smoker:

Genna

ROMFL,tarotbear!