Is there ONE deck?

aimeez4eva

I wasn't sure what section to put this in... anyway, my question for you is:

Is there one special Tarot deck which just rings true with you and you only really use it? or do you like to read with a variety of decks, never really favoring just one?

I have been collecting decks hoping each one would be the deck I just fall in love with and find it easy to read and have a great connection, but so far there is no one deck... I use the Legacy of the Divine mostly...

Felidae

GryffinSong

Nope, I bounce around. I sometimes have a favorite that lasts for months, but then I bounce again. I love the freshness of a new view. And I enjoy a variety of art styles. Sometimes I'll stare at my basket of decks and sort of ask them which wants to speak. It's fun! Right now I'm rather fond of my Kissa Tarot, but I sometimes pull out Shadowscapes or Medieval Cats or ....

aimeez4eva

Sounds like fun :)

SpiritOfTheDogz

I'd like to think that I could buy that one perfect deck, but until then I'll have to keep buying them until I do find it :)

aimeez4eva

That exactly the same as what I think :)

nisaba

<grin> In just the time I've been around, this has been asked about six times (that I remember replying to).

I have the Big Two: decks I cannot imagine life without.

But I'm a deck-slut - I will read with anything.

Richard

I started forty years ago with the RWS, and I still prefer it for the imagery if not for the artwork. I detoured into the Aquarian clone for about fifteen years because it was prettier but have rediscovered the richness of the RWS in the Universal Waite. Hanson-Roberts is fun to use now and then, but if necessary I could do without all others except the UW.

I have the exquisite Legacy of the Divine, but so far it it just doesn't resonate with me like the more traditional RWS and clones.

aimeez4eva

"deck slut" *giggles* :D

"I have the Big Two: decks I cannot imagine life without."

What are the big two that you couldn't live without?

"LRichard"
I myself dislike the RW A LOT!
it seem so cartoonish, not deep and beautiful like Legacy of the Divine *sigh*
But everyone has their favourites.

I am still in search of my "soul deck" as I call it *grins* :)

Thanks for replying people :)

Richard

aimeez4eva said:
....."LRichard"
I myself dislike the RW A LOT!
it seem so cartoonish, not deep and beautiful like Legacy of the Divine *sigh*
But everyone has their favourites.....
Yes, indeed, Rider-Waite is ugly, but I'm hooked on its imagery and symbolism. Universal Waite is an improvement, but it would be even better if a really good artist could completely redo the original images without changing them in any significant way. However, I understand that there may be copyright issues involved with such a venture. *sigh*

Alta

Technically the RW is my 'one deck' because the imagery is burned into my brain, occasionally overlaid with the Thoth just to confuse me, but I'll read with almost any deck. And do.