Journal Journey

Glass Owl

All of this talk of Mick Jagger as the Emperor has got me wondering if there is a thread somewhere linking singers to other cards. I think it would be very interesting to see where people would place Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Elvis, etc.

--Glass Owl

diane drizzy

Death card-
Bela Lugosi-doing Jimi Hendrix, "Time has come today".

Emily

LittleBuddha said:
Secondly, Emily. What was the reason for TreeNotes failing? I had so many problems with that. It wouldn't open if it had previously been used when the internet was on. I kept losing things in it and it would crash. Complete pain.LB

Hi LB,

I had a big problem with my hard drive again - lost the lot.

Usually TreeDBNotes Free works ok on my pc, I don't have problems with the basic functions of it but my big moan is the fact that it lets you take backups of your work but then doesn't let you put those backups back into the main TreeDBNotes database.

I had to download the programme again and it won't accept the backup files of the previous database - which really in my book is a waste of time - I had so much in the first one that I really don't feel like trying to get it all back in, let it get even more bigger and then lose the lot again.

I still can't find out how to do it and the forums for the database are there mainly for the paid version and they don't seem to have time for the ones who use the free version. I found I can use and add to it from the backup but the main database remains empty.

Thanks for the link, I might check that one out but at the moment I've made some folders up in Word and its working out better than I thought and they are easier to save. :)

Little Baron

Emily said:
Thanks for the link, I might check that one out but at the moment I've made some folders up in Word and its working out better than I thought and they are easier to save. :)

You know, I wouldn't underestimate the usefulness of something like Word. It might not seem as flashy as some databases but I am sure you can make a functionable and useful system with folders and files that you can at least back up and update easy enough. At the end of the day, it is the effectiveness that is important, and if the lot gets lost, then that isn't very effective.

Since reading this thread, I have a notebook that I have been using to write ideas in while I have been away from home in the day. But I like something to transfer it into later. I can get my thoughts over much better when I type than when I write with a pen. It just orders them better.
I do have a massive (and lovely) big hardback book that I put all ideas about each card in, as an invaluable resource, but for feelings etc, I find it better on the laptop. I think backing up ideas on disk will be the way to go for me.

LB

Shadow Wolf

I posted somewhere else that I wanted a way to interpret tarot cards intuitively, w/o the book, and then I remembered your post. It sounds like so much fun. I'm going to try it too. Thanks !!

diane drizzy

The Devil-
Richard Gere in Chicago singing "Give "em the old Razzle Dazzle"
or is that
Joel Grey doing "Cabaret"??

vernissage

This has hardly anything to do with your post, Diane but-- I love your writing style! :)

- V.

Logiatrix

diane drizzy said:
The Devil-
Richard Gere in Chicago singing "Give "em the old Razzle Dazzle"
or is that
Joel Grey doing "Cabaret"??
My vote is for Joel Grey...a well-thought image; both archetypal and memorable (that song just clings to the brain).
;)

Writing programs are fine, but nothing beats a good pen (I favor the "Uni-Ball" medium point pen in black) and a single-subject wide ruled notebook.
Nice and simple and tactile.

How sad that I let that journey go to the wayside. My handwriting had gotten worse (severely bent hands), so I just gave up. Maybe not given up conciously, but I have to admit it now that I was really discouraged.

However, you have inspired me, Diane! I recall that my journal was fun, and I was learning quite a bit. Now, where is that notebook?

So, I just dug up my notebook...I almost forgot what it looked like - it's purple! :D

diane drizzy

The Lovers-
Oh look it's Barbra Streisand and James Brolin singing "People".
But The Mothra twins are doing backups.

TwistedFae

Emily said:
Hi LB,

I had a big problem with my hard drive again - lost the lot.

Usually TreeDBNotes Free works ok on my pc, I don't have problems with the basic functions of it but my big moan is the fact that it lets you take backups of your work but then doesn't let you put those backups back into the main TreeDBNotes database.

I had to download the programme again and it won't accept the backup files of the previous database - which really in my book is a waste of time - I had so much in the first one that I really don't feel like trying to get it all back in, let it get even more bigger and then lose the lot again.

I still can't find out how to do it and the forums for the database are there mainly for the paid version and they don't seem to have time for the ones who use the free version. I found I can use and add to it from the backup but the main database remains empty.

I starting using TreeBNotes a while back. I really loved it until I clicked on my previous entries and they were all gone. It never crashed on me but that was enough for me to stop using it. So now I just use an on-line journal for this and one on my computer.