jupiter in scorpio

prudence

Hi everyone!

I have been looking around the internet at jupiter in scorpio. (In my natal chart, my jupiter was at 5 dgrees scorpio)

I'd really like to hear the opinions of our astrology pros here, regarding this placement. And the opinions of anyone else who has this placement, and what it may have meant in your life so far...

Thanks!
atsrid

wizzle

Great for compost

I too have Jupiter in Scorpio, which is really the sign of compost not some stupid scorpion, no matter what the books tell you.

The keywords here are "too much is not enough"

As we all know, Jupiter is expansion, optimism, philosophy, the quest for meaning, yadda yadda. Think explosions; limitlessness. Remember too that planets always signify energy while signs tell us how the energy is expressed.

Thus, Jupiter will be expressed when in Scorpio through expansive intensity. Scorpio is deep, intense, fixed and controlled water. Images that come to mind for the combination are water expanding (jupiter) into steam in a boiler or water accumulated (jupiter) behind a dam. Very useful stuff unless it explodes in your face or drowns you as the dam bursts. You will feel (scorpio) this energy (jupiter) as intense optimism or when stilted a total lack of optimism. The middle ground may often be unavailable when channeled through Scorpio.

I'm about to hit my second Saturn return and in my life Jupiter's expansive energy and drive toward meaning has expressed itself as follows:

1. 3 rounds of higher education and I may not be finished yet. And my education was in such diverse areas as economics (BA), design and contract management. Jupiter is nothing if not inconsistent (which is why Saggitarius is mutable).
2. too much of everything that catches my attention, be it Tarot boards, collectibles, etc. I am particularly prone to delving (Scorpio) into systems of meaning like astrology, tarot, religion (all Jupiterian). I need to know a LOT. This tendency is exacerbated by mercury in Scorpio.
3. a willingness to accept and explore "untidy" subjects like compost, death and nasty posters on internet boards.
4. a tendency to shoot my mouth off (scorpio) when I perceive hypocracy (jupiter), especially when it comes to subjects like Tarot, Astrology, philosophy, religion, etc. (I loved the GOO thread). I really do have a problem with tact and politically correct requirements not to face nasty realities.
5. the need for and perserverance to engage in really intense and thorough (scorpio) study of any complicated topic (jupiter). Airy fairy thing R not us.
6. Jupiter is associated with humor and in my case I have an almost visceral (scorpio) need for it. I am usually at my most serious (scorpio) when I'm being flippant or funny (jupter).
7. A really wonderful attribute of Scorpio is the ability to grind off the chaff. And Jupiter provides the understanding of what is or isn't chaff in our lives. I've made a lot of mistakes, but this combo serves me well as I can, at least, understand where my ideas/philosophy/etc went wrong once I've gone through scorpios painful mill.

Divinatory meaning for others; it's a really bad idea to go toe to toe in a philosophy discussion with Jupiter in Scorpio people. They are likely to know more (juipter) in greater depth (scorpio) than you do and are willing to outlast (jupiter) you by several miles.

A final thought....watch out for Pluto transits in your chart. They WILL be meaningful.

prudence

Wow! Thanks for this, wizzle! I am printing it out, it will take me some time to digest it all!

Thank you!!

wizzle

mercury in scorpio

Glad to be of help. If you'd like to see mercury in scorpio in action, I did a post in the decks forum. Hope I don't get some sort of reprimand or get banned. I couldn't help myself. I tried. I really did try to stop myself from saying anything mean.

I guess another way jupiter in scorpio expresses itself is as a very fierce verbal fighter. I know I mentioned dislike of hypocrits in my previous thread. In response, Sun in scorpio will either ignore you entirely (forever) or crush in any way possible. Mars in Scorpio is more likely to kick the @!St out of you. Saturn in scorpio will wait years to bring you to your knees....his fav saying is

"Revenge is a dish best eaten cold."

I've got transiting Pluto between my loosely conjuncted sun and mars at the moment, so I'm feeling VERY like that "don't tread on me" snake.

Another line of thought (jupiter) for scorpio. I'm firmly convinced that Scorpio is the area where we hold conscious secrets. They are so terribly painful because they ARE conscious (as contrasted with Picesan unconsious secrets). This quality of conciousness creates the illusion that we can do something about those little buggers we don't want anyone else to know about. Hence the "controlling" path taken when scorpio channels a planet and so often discussed in textbooks.

The upside here is that once anyone establishes credibility (jupter), the fixed nature of scorpio makes him a friend for life and one who will put his soul on the line for you. Not a whole lot of people are, understandably, going to get through the preliminary test period.

Oh, and Scorpio loves emotional drama. The Greek tragedies just have to be jupiter in scorpio. Big big big drama (jupiter) that has stuck due to its emotional appeal (scorpio) for 2 thousand years. Not bad.

Deszroo

Astrid O!...You'll soon get your chance to examine Jupiter in Scorpio even more since its on the way there by October of this year!. Besides from what has already been mentioned that could become a part of the landscape of our lives for the duration of Jupiter in Scorpio..you can look out for perhaps changes or endings in education if you involved in school. I left formal schooling and entered the emploment world but I also end up in the trade school whorlpool. Jupiter was transiting my 4th forming a pressure cooker grand cross to my natals not to mention transits.

A boon perhaps in some niche career/skill that may become popular yet short lived might occur again. I say this because back in 1984/85 trade/business schools especially office/secretarial and computers where a big deal then...fast money for them..short route for folks who couldn't afford college..with the promise "job placment" after completion...fly by night trade schools as well as the student loan business racked up. There were ligit schools and opportunities and those that were not. Breakdance was a big deal.."underground" surfacing or being sufaced for fun and for profit. Exploitation and everyone jumping the bandwagon of some outstanding fad is another thing to look at during the transit. The 80's was know as the money makin' 80's...other peoples money especially. AIDS was beginning to brew into the open as well I believe.

The last Jup/Scorp transit for me, my home did swell up with people mostly religious/spiritual. It was a tough time for me being so stupid and younger but it was a time also that I made decisions ..took steps I felt were necessary that were actually endings, breaking off, school, parting. On the other hand a major change in happened as well to change the rest of my life in terms of love and sexuality. Everyone around me was in their own personal turmoil of very scorpio genre including myself. I had major people in my life of the Sagittarian/Gemini signs at the time who were like squaring planets..I felt pulled by everyone yet with my angular planets natally and Jupiter hopping around in my 4th which has Neptune (adding to the lunacy)...the call of the eastern half of my chart kicked in and it was the worse time to be a seperatist. There was a way to give attention to everyone in my life and at the same time do what I had to do for myself but just being frank and more collected...but I didn't realize that at the time.

On the dreary side (or "exciting" for those of you with brave and amored souls) some keynotes are hectic, heavy, lost/dashed hoped, heartbreaks, urgency, passionate, CRISIS... CRISIS.. CRISIS...drama, intensity, clandestine, big..looming...yet overexaggerated.. overestimated.. impulsiveness. Oh, and did I mention SECRECY..that somehow DOESN'T stay secret...but actually should and could be gently explained or honesty is the policy...however fear, denial are a part of what keeps it all in..but it comes out in the wash!...and then it all hits the fan!. Finishing bravado still looms after Jupiter leaves scorpio which is when you might see the actual final result of certain things began during the transit. Because of the plutonian influence there will be things that end that are quite final as well as something new that will last for some time. There is also a lose of innocence or rude awakening...about the 80's where I think Jupiter in Scorpio..(Optimism meets Grim Reaper) was a very significant player and as well in general as a tranist.

On the BRIGTHER side however, there are folks who had and will have great experiences during Jupiter in Scorpio..especially if they had harmonious aspects that work out that way..or where they apply themselves in a relatively positive fashion.

rainwolf

wizzle said:
Remember too that planets always signify energy while signs tell us how the energy is expressed.
Excellent thought!! It helps immensely. :D

Can you explain 'expansive intensity' a little more? So I can find out how to apply it?

wizzle

putting it together

Sure Rain,

Remember that planets have energy. Signs have NO energy. I can't say that either loud or often enough.

Get out your keywords for Jupiter (the energy part of the combo)
- desire to expand
- need to explore (expanding in both physical and mental ways)
- need for philosophy and higher education (expansion of the mind)
- your need for optimism and meaning
(this is a fairly short list of keywords for illustration)
bottom line.....jupiter is that part of you that wants to do things connected with risk/bigness/etc. It is like some of the cards in the suit of wands. It is fire, and by jimminy, every one of us has a jupiter. So no one is lacking in fire (we also get firey sun and mars).

Now this expansive/risk taking etc. Planetary ENERGY has to work its way through the style of Scorpio. Scorpio's style is
- intense,
- deeply emotional, etc.
- not superficial
- secretive

So, putting our keywords together (remembering always the the planet is the driver/fuel and the direction is the sign), think to yourself how exploration and intensity can go together. If we are dealing with someone who likes physical exploration, the guy could be a mountain climber (which, to me at least is intense and takes lots of prepartation) versus a guy who takes long comfy cruises (that could be Jupiter in Taurus). Jupiter's optimism will be felt and expressed very strongly and emotionally. And since Jupiter needs philosophy but Scorpio's style is secretive, what could be more natural than that J in S loves arcana or is part of a secret society like Golden Dawn.

Maybe you can think of this another way. The energy of the planets is the stuff of life......toothpaste. To use your paste, you have to squeeze it out past the signs. It's all toothpaste, but some signs give you minty stripes, some give you red cinnamon ones, etc.

prudence

In my internet exploration of this combo, I got the idea that there is a strongly sexual component at play. ( and perhaps something a little more twisted?) Is this a common interpretation?

wizzle

scorpio and sex

As an area of life, the 8th house (associated with Scorpio in the natural horoscope) deals with secrets and hence sex. Actual sexual energy (at least to me) is from mars and venus with a bit of moon thrown in.

Jupiter as the energy of expansion (which includes getting lots and lots of something), could mean lots and lots of sex, but not just because it's in Scorpio but because it's energy is somehow being affected by other placements in the chart. But, it certainly could be a desire for kinky knoweldge.

prudence

Ahhhh,

so, since my jupiter is in scorpio in the 9th house, I am intensely into learning about the occult. Or anything that may seem hidden or secretive to me.

I have already been told all of these things, basically here and there by many of the experts here, but it seems i needed to take it all apart, and go over it slowly...piece by piece like this, to actually understand it myself.

This is starting to be much more fun.