Just a cool option for Deck "CLOTHES"

greatdane

Very Pretty, MG

It does seem that unless one does order custom, there is basically one size for tarot and then a few for Lenormand? If you have some of these, does that band come completely off, or is it attached? I like being able to choose among a ton of fabrics, so even though there are some lovely selections, I tend to look to match a deck.
I also really like the fact the cases I get from Zoe's are really sturdy, I can toss them in the washer in a mesh laundry bag and just hang them and they look like new and most, if not all, have waterproof linings.

jolie_amethyst

I'm not MoonGypsy, but I have several of Wyldechilde's cases on my favorite decks. The band does not come off; you just tuck the upper flap into it. All of my cases from her are custom, which maybe added one day to getting them out and no extra charge. She (like most who sew) has loads of fabric choices not seen on her site, and she'll fit any custom size you want. The huge advantage to her cases that I haven't found with other bags is that they're extremely slim, no added bulk involved because there's no fasteners or drawstrings.

I don't know that I'd consider them as sturdy some others, though. All of mine are silk, which should wear well, but it means I'm not about to toss them into the washer. :) I check surfaces before I lay them down, but I do that for the cards themselves anyway.

greatdane, I like the ones you found a lot, just not big on zippered cases for my cards. I'm just clumsy enough, I'd be afraid that I'd scratch them. But that's just my hangup! Is that really anything I should worry about? I have bunches of cases like that I use for other things.

greatdane

Good Question, Jolie Amethyst

I think those cases by Wyldechilde are just lovely, don't get me wrong. Interesting design with the band as well. I now have custom cases for almost every one of my decks, tarot and Lenormand, but, for example, I need to get one for my Place Vampire tarot, which is a chunky and large deck (even though a lovely ATer gifted to me and trimmed it just me, Thanks Flizarraga!) and I know there are many who make different kinds of cases that could accommodate me and do it well.

OK, re the zippered cases by Zoe, would I worry cards would get snagged? No, because I would make sure there was just enough room to avoid that. It would be difficult to snag a card with these. I like that they're really sturdy and you can even get them with padding.

I like I can wash anything of the things I have gotten from her and they come out like new (I DO wash on delicate and I DO put in a mesh lingerie type bag) and I just hang them to dry. I like that there is a waterproof lining. So those are pluses on not just her deck cases but on anything I have gotten from her. I think she has some fancy fabrics I WOULDN'T put in the washer, but all I have, I have washed with NO problem.

Most of my deck cases I have had for ages, going back to Dark Nature Cases here on AT, that is no more, but Madame Squee has made some gorgeous ones for me too.

I just mentioned Zoe's because I know the quality and saw she is starting to make cases for decks. IF one wants to choose from a gazillion fabrics, have something sturdy, with a zipper and a zipper outer case to hold something besides a deck, they can be handy.

I am not saying ALL those who make cases and bags don't do just beautiful work, they do. It depends on a reader's needs and what they're looking for. Does that help, Jolie?

greatdane

Good Question, Jolie Amethyst

I think those cases by Wyldechilde are just lovely, don't get me wrong. Interesting design with the band as well. I now have custom cases for almost every one of my decks, tarot and Lenormand, but, for example, I need to get one for my Place Vampire tarot, which is a chunky and large deck (even though a lovely ATer gifted to me and trimmed it just me, Thanks Flizarraga!) and I know there are many who make different kinds of cases that could accommodate me and do it well.

OK, re the zippered cases by Zoe, would I worry cards would get snagged? No, because I would make sure there was just enough room to avoid that. It would be difficult to snag a card with these. I like that they're really sturdy and you can even get them with padding.

I like I can wash anything of the things I have gotten from her and they come out like new (I DO wash on delicate and I DO put in a mesh lingerie type bag) and I just hang them to dry. I like that there is a waterproof lining. So those are pluses on not just her deck cases but on anything I have gotten from her. I think she has some fancy fabrics I WOULDN'T put in the washer, but all I have, I have washed with NO problem.

Most of my deck cases I have had for ages, going back to Dark Nature Cases here on AT, that is no more, but Madame Squee has made some gorgeous ones for me too.

I just mentioned Zoe's because I know the quality and saw she is starting to make cases for decks. IF one wants to choose from a gazillion fabrics, have something sturdy, with a zipper and a zipper outer case to hold something besides a deck, they can be handy.

I am not saying ALL those who make cases and bags don't do just beautiful work, they do. It depends on a reader's needs and what they're looking for. Does that help, Jolie?