"Just Tarot Things..."

LindaMechele

When you're doing a reading for someone, and the wind doesn't like it.
Ah, yes. I'm currently on the hunt for some 1"+ rose quartz for paperweights. MIght get some hematite or regular quartz, too.

WHen you suddenly freak oout because you forgot one of the card positions in a spread!
Solution for this: Deck of 1000 Spreads. That thing is awesome!

HallowedNight

Ah, yes. I'm currently on the hunt for some 1"+ rose quartz for paperweights. MIght get some hematite or regular quartz, too.

Have you checked on Etsy? There are some great crystal sellers on there! ((Though sometimes the shipping seems a little much, but not if you get enough stuff!))

And on that same note: that moment when you go on Etsy or something elee like that to buy a few little things, like crystals or bags for your decks, but check out with a whoooole lot more than what you were expecting. :^P ((Happens to me all the time...))

LindaMechele

Yep, HN, I've looked there and ended up with quite a few obsidian spheres in my cart so had to Step. Away. From. The. Computer. :joke: Like you said, "And on that same note: that moment when you go on Etsy or something elee like that to buy a few little things, like crystals or bags for your decks, but check out with a whoooole lot more than what you were expecting. :^P " HA!

I've also seen very reasonably priced half pound and one pound lots on Amazon and Ebay. But I'm hesitant to order online since I've read so many reviews that said, "These were white not pink!" or "SOOOOO many black marks!" Luckily I live near and work in Austin and there are a couple rock shops there where I can shop in person. Just need to find the time.

But I would like to be able to find a good seller online. Have you found a good one you can recommend? I'd really like to find the really-pink tumbled rose quartz, not the light pink ones, cheap enough I can get eight or ten.

And another Just Tarot Thing: Thinking tarot is a cheap pasttime - just twenty bucks for a deck! Then spending the grocery money on another twenty for a bag and another ten on a box to put the bagged tarot in and forty on books and fifteen on ink for edging and twenty more on stones for paperweights and twenty or fifty more on another deck because the first one's lonely and another bag and another bigger box ... and ... and ... It's like getting a "free" puppy. :joke:

HallowedNight

Yep, HN, I've looked there and ended up with quite a few obsidian spheres in my cart so had to Step. Away. From. The. Computer.

Haha! I'm glad I'm not the only one! 😋

I've also seen very reasonably priced half pound and one pound lots on Amazon and Ebay. But I'm hesitant to order online since I've read so many reviews that said, "These were white not pink!" or "SOOOOO many black marks!" Luckily I live near and work in Austin and there are a couple rock shops there where I can shop in person. Just need to find the time.

But I would like to be able to find a good seller online. Have you found a good one you can recommend? I'd really like to find the really-pink tumbled rose quartz, not the light pink ones, cheap enough I can get eight or ten.

Yeah, online shops can be a little iffy. I haven't actually bought any crystals from Etsy, but I usually just read up on the store and reviews before buying anything. I find that Etsy is super awesome generally, like if you're worried you can almost always get in contact with the seller and ask about the products and what they're really like. c:

And another Just Tarot Thing: Thinking tarot is a cheap pasttime - just twenty bucks for a deck! Then spending the grocery money on another twenty for a bag and another ten on a box to put the bagged tarot in and forty on books and fifteen on ink for edging and twenty more on stones for paperweights and twenty or fifty more on another deck because the first one's lonely and another bag and another bigger box ... and ... and ... It's like getting a "free" puppy. :joke:

EXACTLY! I'm always just like "Okay I beed a bag for this deck...and now here's another deck I really want so I need a bag for that one... And now I need a big box for all my decks... And maybe some crystals for the box..." And it just goes on and on! XD

Nemia

I make most of my bags for my decks myself. Going to the yarn shop to pick water-colored yarn for Dame Darcy and pastels for Dreaming Way... deciding on a pattern... and getting down to work with crochet hook, buttons, amulets and crystals... makes me so happy.

Tarot-related crafts (creating spread maps, tarot magnets and amulets etc) is such a wonderful way to connect with a deck.

I bought a sharp crochet hook (waiting for the postman) so that I can combine fabric and crochet more easily. I ordered it only because of the URGENT NEED to make tarot bags in a different and new way.

And the wait for the post lady's note that there's a parcel waiting for me. Just wonderful.

I always keep a deck next to me on my desk for a couple of days, bonding time. I sort it, I shuffle, I sort it, I shuffle... just go make it feel warm in my hands. Today it's the wonderful Daniloff, the days before it was Anna K.

I like to compare cards from different decks, filling the whole table with Stars or Temperances or Emperors or Aces/Pentacles... and then I'm happy when they're all nicely back in their bags ;-)

When I re-arrange my little collection in its incense-scented box, I notice all of a sudden that I have a sub-collection! golden tarots! either in their name or design or both! So nice! or I put all the tarots with a Happy Squirrel together.

Yes, there are so many little things to enjoy.

My happiest moment (I talked about it in another thread already) was some weeks ago when my eldest son asked me to show my tarot collection to his girlfriend. When I took out my trusty old Thoth, he said: that's you, Mama! I remember you with that deck in your hands since I was little! (He's nearly 26 by now). Made me absurdly happy.

HallowedNight

I I like to compare cards from different decks, filling the whole table with Stars or Temperances or Emperors or Aces/Pentacles... and then I'm happy when they're all nicely back in their bags ;-)

Oh wow, this sounds awesome! I can't wait till I have a big collection and can compare them like this. It must be so interesting!

My happiest moment (I talked about it in another thread already) was some weeks ago when my eldest son asked me to show my tarot collection to his girlfriend. When I took out my trusty old Thoth, he said: that's you, Mama! I remember you with that deck in your hands since I was little! (He's nearly 26 by now). Made me absurdly happy.

That's so amazing. I love hearing stories like this, it's so cool how tarot is such a big part of people's lives. I wish more people would be accepting of tarot and things like it! It's good that your son was exposed to it and is open~

And yet another unfortunately relatable thing... Saying you're into tarot and having the people around you make that *disbelieving snort* noise and start talking about how it's bull$#!+... And you just sit there like ಥ_ಥ (Or sometimes like (ง'̀-'́)ง )

yannie

The confusion you feel when a bright chirpy card like the Ace of Pentacles or 10 of Pentacles shows up in the Challenges/Obstacles position.

HallowedNight

The confusion you feel when a bright chirpy card like the Ace of Pentacles or 10 of Pentacles shows up in the Challenges/Obstacles position.

Yeah! XD It's like that part in Harry Potter and the Prisioner of Azkaban where they're trying to read tea leaves and Ron is like "You're gonna suffer...but you're fonna be happy about it..."
That's always what I think of when the cards do something like that. Or when something like the nine or ten of swords are in a 'good' spot.

yannie

Yeah! XD It's like that part in Harry Potter and the Prisioner of Azkaban where they're trying to read tea leaves and Ron is like "You're gonna suffer...but you're fonna be happy about it..."
That's always what I think of when the cards do something like that. Or when something like the nine or ten of swords are in a 'good' spot.
Lol! Oh Ron is adorable... You make me want to reread my Harry Potter books now :)

HallowedNight

Lol! Oh Ron is adorable... You make me want to reread my Harry Potter books now :)

I do too! XD Though school is kind of getting in the way of that at the moment. :^P

And another relatable thing: That awesome moment when you pull out your cards in public and someone actually knows what they are and are genuinely curious! I love moments like that~