"Just Tarot Things..."

Morwenna

The confusion you feel when a bright chirpy card like the Ace of Pentacles or 10 of Pentacles shows up in the Challenges/Obstacles position.

Well, something good can be a distraction...

Then there's finding that someone you've known for ages not only was into Tarot and you never knew it, but has several decks, one of which you wish you had!

cwilkerson883

I was reading for a lady who was determined to know her object of affection felt the same way about her (despite being married). She was determined that my cards should say he was going to drop his wife and they would live happily ever after. I drew cards that said her interest wasn't interested. And she wanted to know why. She kept saying their astrological signs were a perfect match and asking question after question about how to convince him she needed him more and at one point blamed me and my cards stating that another reader who gave her a more favorable outlook was right and I was wrong. I drew almost 30 cards and she was determined that I was wrong over and over. I gave her her money back and advised she go elsewhere. And she then offered me to use her as practice so I could get my cards right. (Head desk) I told her that I wasn't interested and apologized for her not getting the reading she wished for. She wanted me to draw cards asking why she had trouble working with her colleagues. I smiled and told her to have a nice day and she then asked for my home number so she could have another reading later when I had more energy. (My energy was off. My aura was cloudy around the edges) to her credit she was right. I have no interest in arguing with a woman who was so bull headed! She made me tired! Hahahah

LindaMechele

I find that Etsy is super awesome generally, like if you're worried you can almost always get in contact with the seller and ask about the products and what they're really like.
Duh. *slaps forehead* That's a really good idea. I can ask them for a photo of the exact stones I'll be getting. Thanks for that, HN.

I make most of my bags for my decks myself. Going to the yarn shop to pick water-colored yarn for Dame Darcy and pastels for Dreaming Way... deciding on a pattern... and getting down to work with crochet hook, buttons, amulets and crystals... makes me so happy.

Tarot-related crafts (creating spread maps, tarot magnets and amulets etc) is such a wonderful way to connect with a deck.
I agree. I knit, crochet, and do leatherwork, but have yet to make a bag using those crafts. I have made some sewn ones and have dyed some fabric ones and there's such a sense of familiarity and satisfaction when I look in my deck box and see all the different bags.

I bought a sharp crochet hook (waiting for the postman) so that I can combine fabric and crochet more easily. I ordered it only because of the URGENT NEED to make tarot bags in a different and new way.
Oh, I like that idea! Fabric bags with crocheted embellishments.

And the wait for the post lady's note that there's a parcel waiting for me. Just wonderful.
Yep. I'm waiting for two decks in the mail and it's such a delicious anticipation.

I always keep a deck next to me on my desk for a couple of days, bonding time. I sort it, I shuffle, I sort it, I shuffle... just go make it feel warm in my hands.
Yep, I do the same. It does make you feel close to it.

My happiest moment (I talked about it in another thread already) was some weeks ago when my eldest son asked me to show my tarot collection to his girlfriend. When I took out my trusty old Thoth, he said: that's you, Mama! I remember you with that deck in your hands since I was little! (He's nearly 26 by now). Made me absurdly happy.
What a beautiful thing! That must have made you so proud that he's so open minded.

Yeah! XD It's like that part in Harry Potter and the Prisioner of Azkaban where they're trying to read tea leaves and Ron is like "You're gonna suffer...but you're fonna be happy about it..."
That's always what I think of when the cards do something like that. Or when something like the nine or ten of swords are in a 'good' spot.
I LOVE HARRY POTTER!:cool2::joke:

Lol! Oh Ron is adorable... You make me want to reread my Harry Potter books now :)
Me, too.

Then there's finding that someone you've known for ages not only was into Tarot and you never knew it, but has several decks, one of which you wish you had!
That really happened to you?! Please tell us more! How long did you know them? How did you meet - work, school? And how did y'all find out finally that you both read tarot? That's wild.:cool2:

yannie

Well, something good can be a distraction...

You just made me think of something...because the obstacle cards were ace & 10 of pentacles for the same question, asked twice - "Challenges?... Oh look shiny!" I stopped asking after noticing that pattern :p

And, handling someone's deck for the first time and the first card you pull out for the first reading for yourself actually says, "Hello, nice to meet you. Do not worry, for I am scanning the earth, scouring for opportunities for you." & you can't help but go O_O I swear, the LWB explanation went something like that. & the owner of that deck had said she didn't feel a connection with it; it was a gift from someone else. I forgot what card and deck that was, but it had dragons on it...

HallowedNight

Oh man, I wish that would happen to me! It happened with one of ny internet friends once, but never with any of my "real life" friends. :^P Maybe I'll find some people at uni!

I was reading for a lady who was determined to know her object of affection felt the same way about her (despite being married). She was determined that my cards should say he was going to drop his wife and they would live happily ever after. I drew cards that said her interest wasn't interested. And she wanted to know why. She kept saying their astrological signs were a perfect match and asking question after question about how to convince him she needed him more and at one point blamed me and my cards stating that another reader who gave her a more favorable outlook was right and I was wrong. I drew almost 30 cards and she was determined that I was wrong over and over. I gave her her money back and advised she go elsewhere. And she then offered me to use her as practice so I could get my cards right. (Head desk) I told her that I wasn't interested and apologized for her not getting the reading she wished for. She wanted me to draw cards asking why she had trouble working with her colleagues. I smiled and told her to have a nice day and she then asked for my home number so she could have another reading later when I had more energy. (My energy was off. My aura was cloudy around the edges) to her credit she was right. I have no interest in arguing with a woman who was so bull headed! She made me tired! Hahahah

Oh man, that would be sooooo annoying... I don't get why it's so hard for some people to understand that the whole point of tarot is not knowing what you're drawing, like...if you knew what you were drawing, there'd be no point to it! And we don't control the cards, not really... I don't know how I'd deal with people like that. o wo

Duh. *slaps forehead* That's a really good idea. I can ask them for a photo of the exact stones I'll be getting. Thanks for that, HN.

Yeah, no problem! :^D Etsy is honestly a really great website, I'm so happy it was made. XD

And, handling someone's deck for the first time and the first card you pull out for the first reading for yourself actually says, "Hello, nice to meet you. Do not worry, for I am scanning the earth, scouring for opportunities for you." & you can't help but go O_O I swear, the LWB explanation went something like that. & the owner of that deck had said she didn't feel a connection with it; it was a gift from someone else. I forgot what card and deck that was, but it had dragons on it...

That's such a great story. I wish I had some people to meet with like that! Uni once again, haha~ Maybe I'll find someone who likes the same stuff. :^P

Here's a relatable thing, maybe: That moment when you do a spread for a "should I go to this event" sort of question, expecting a no or meh answer, but get completely positive cards and then you're confused because you don't really want to go... But now it seems like you should!

yannie

That's such a great story. I wish I had some people to meet with like that! Uni once again, haha~ Maybe I'll find someone who likes the same stuff. :^P

Here's a relatable thing, maybe: That moment when you do a spread for a "should I go to this event" sort of question, expecting a no or meh answer, but get completely positive cards and then you're confused because you don't really want to go... But now it seems like you should!

Oh HallowedNight, with your positive energy, I'm sure you will :)

Haha, when the universe gives you a nudge, you listen!

Philistine

That really happened to you?! Please tell us more! How long did you know them? How did you meet - work, school? And how did y'all find out finally that you both read tarot? That's wild.:cool2:

This happened to me, too. My best friend from college and I met about 20 years ago, but we have never uttered the word 'tarot' in all that time. Yet we are on the phone for hours at least once every month since moving away from college. It turns out we've both been reading cards since not long after we first met, although we are both very intellectual and came from academic backgrounds, so I guess we both tacitly thought to "keep it to ourselves".

One night I got one of those readings that was just like lightning, and I had to snap a pic and text it to her--something just spoke about it in a way we both always discuss things (we were Lit majors and wrote a lot of Freudian/Lacanian/semiotics papers). At that point, the cat was out of the bag and we got on the phone the next day and caught up on 20 years of our unbeknownst tarot lives! It added a fourth dimension to our friendship. I have to wonder if the cards had that in mind when they struck me with lightning that night??

LindaMechele

I was reading for a lady who was determined to know her object of affection felt the same way about her (despite being married). ... (My energy was off. My aura was cloudy around the edges) to her credit she was right. I have no interest in arguing with a woman who was so bull headed! She made me tired! Hahahah
:bugeyed: What a ballsy woman. I call those people energy vampires because they suck it all right out of you. Have you heard from her again? I sincerely hope not.

And, handling someone's deck for the first time and the first card you pull out for the first reading for yourself actually says, "Hello, nice to meet you. Do not worry, for I am scanning the earth, scouring for opportunities for you."
I LOVE it when decks talk directly to you like that! Shortly after getting my Samhain Bastard deck and after a few really spot-on fabulous readings, I told it, "I love you! I just really love you." and turned a few cards. It replied (caps words are the keywords on the cards):
King of Wands ~ INTEGRITY, HONOUR
Strength ~ CONVICTION, FORTITUDE
Nine of Coins ~ CONTENTMENT, LUXURY
I think it likes me back.:angel:

I've done that! And had that same thing happen. So I rephrased the question as "What will happen if I don't go?" and got the same cards. I spent a wonderful night at home alone, comfy on the couch in my jammies. :cool2:

LindaMechele

This happened to me, too. My best friend from college and I met about 20 years ago, but we have never uttered the word 'tarot' in all that time. ... One night I got one of those readings that was just like lightning, and I had to snap a pic and text it to her--something just spoke about it in a way we both always discuss things (we were Lit majors and wrote a lot of Freudian/Lacanian/semiotics papers). At that point, the cat was out of the bag and we got on the phone the next day and caught up on 20 years of our unbeknownst tarot lives! It added a fourth dimension to our friendship. I have to wonder if the cards had that in mind when they struck me with lightning that night??
That is so cool. That made y'all so very much closer, didn't it? I love that.

Now that I think of it, I kind of had a similar yet very less "lightning-bolt-moment" type thing happen with my best friend of 25 years. She's Christian oriented though not devout, so I never mentioned it to her - partly because of that and partly because until lately tarot hasn't been a very important part of my life. Once it became important, I had been a bit worried about her knowing, and it finally slipped out one day. She nonchalantly told me she had some cards somewhere, maybe one of her daughters had them, and she should get them back so she could read with me! Whew! And she's mentioned it a couple times since. I'm so excited about that, having someone in real-physical life I can share this with.

HallowedNight

I've done that! And had that same thing happen. So I rephrased the question as "What will happen if I don't go?" and got the same cards. I spent a wonderful night at home alone, comfy on the couch in my jammies. :cool2:

Haha! In situations like that, it seems like the cards are saying "Make up your own damn mind!" šŸ˜