Kitty Kahane

Nica

This deck is amazing!

When I first saw it, I thought it was not at all for me. I didn't like the illustration style even though I loved the colors. We didn't click.

Until I saw it in action and I took it all back. It's really really good for readings!

It looks like a cartoon dream and reads with many metaphors. The bird on the back of The Hermit has manifested as something weighing down one of my clients before, and it really made a believer out of me! Another card that does this is the Four of Cups showing a shadow under the person. In my reading it signified a past person still in their thoughts!

In working with it I have seen how the wacky shades of skin actually tell you who the character is as it moves through the story, because some of the cards show very similarly dressed and shaded characters. It makes the reading sequential for me and gives me illustrative elements to go off of. It comes alive and tells me what to pay attention to!

Really, really loving this deck. I hope some of you are still using your copies you bought in 2006/2009! : )

baconwaffles

I keep seeing this thread and the deck tempts me so. I am just fearful since I read TDM, I don't know if me and the deck will click but it really truly calls to me. I keep looking at it and I am both attracted and in denial. Some cards are just so different to what I am used to and I have doubts because of that...

Pam O

I keep seeing this thread and the deck tempts me so. I am just fearful since I read TDM, I don't know if me and the deck will click but it really truly calls to me. I keep looking at it and I am both attracted and in denial. Some cards are just so different to what I am used to and I have doubts because of that...
Hey baconwaffles,
It seems like it might be time to let go of the "waffles", follow your heart :love: and just go for it. })

I would NEVER have guessed that the Kitty Kahane would be such an amazing reader by looking at it. It was never the pictures that made me buy. Instead it was the passionate enthusiasm in this thread that gregory started. Thanks to her, I continue to be SOOOOO glad I went for it. :cool5:

The only way to really know what your experience will be with the Kitty Kahane is to just get it. It is such a unique deck. There is no other deck that reads like it. Actually, it would be a great one to expand from the TdM comfort zone you are in and simply see how your intuition reads it.

A bit off topic: If you are interested, here is a link the ISG (Intuitive Study Group) Reading Exchange that you can come join as soon as you get your Kitty Kahane. This is a GREAT reading circle regardless of reading experience because it is against the rules to use anything but intuition to read with.
http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=258617

PS
I now have 3 copies because I scooped them up for ~$12 - $15 each. Good thing because a bit of wine was accidentally sprayed on a reading just the other day. Luckily it wiped off easily, but it made me thankful I could use this OOP deck with no real worries since I have backups.

Pam O

Oh my goodness, I adore this deck! I have the German version, too. Such cool colors and interesting, peculiar characters that draw you in. I love how some design elements are repeated across different cards. I sometimes incorporate Enrique Enriquez's "eye rhyme" style when reading with them.

Oh I like this. I am a newbie in TdM, and I have been enjoying Enrique Enriquez's "eye rhyme" style. It is a cool, creative way of reading. I want to review his style and give it a whirl with this deck.

The repeated design elements are just one more thing that makes the Kitty Kahane deck such an incredible reader!

Padma

respectfully (but sorry to the fans of the deck!) It truly is butt ugly, though. I looked at it a few times after people raved, and now (again!) I am looking at the online pics of it, and TRULY, I do not at all understand the raves!

(yes, I did get the last few posts, about the intuitive reading, thanks! I do use that style to read, but these cards...*ahem* I don't know what to think or say, as I don't own them. But yeah. I still don't own them ;) )

illyria

I don't think the artwork is what one could call traditionally "beautiful" (though in this day and age, what's pleasing to the eye is so varied!), but it certainly does help those who like and use the cards easily tell a story because of the vivid, repeating elements.

Pam O

This deck is amazing!

When I first saw it, I thought it was not at all for me. I didn't like the illustration style even though I loved the colors. We didn't click.
I fully agree!!! I absolutely did not click either.

There is absolutely NO WAY that I would have bought this deck by just looking at it. The pictures did not do one single thing for me. Personally, it is not my style of art. Period.

..... but that was before my curiosity was sparked from all the enthusiasm from this thread.

Another card that does this is the Four of Cups showing a shadow under the person. In my reading it signified a past person still in their thoughts!
The infamous 4 of cups was there in the reading where the wine got sprayed on the cards, and it was very significant.

In that case it was her squishing her husband. There she is sitting on him. She was not hearing him because she was so focused on doing what she thought was right. She did not even realize that she was not listening to her husband (and the kids) because she was so focused on preserving the family unit.

Another one of the cards in her spread was the was the 8 of cups.The kids were graduating and in the process of leaving home. She was very nervous the kids would just go live their lives, forget their Scottish heritage, and drift apart as a family unit. Preserving the family bond is very important to her. She was doing everything in her power to maintain the close knit family bond as the kids leave to become independent.

The 3 kids are right there as the 3 mountains with heads in the 8 of cups. (I would scan the card, but I need to renew my membership here.) All three are communicating, but the person walking up the path was so intent in their world, they did not even notice. When I pointed this out, she said. Two of my kids are really outspoken and the 3rd is much quieter. 2 of the mountains are saying a great deal, while the 3rd has important, but is more soft spoken.

I also, just now see that the one cup with the outflow of water that is being left behind looks like "water under the bridge". I never noticed the path could look like a bridge until right now.

Maan

Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder as i found the deck goegeous as a first saw it. That it reads very well for me was happy by product because i woukd have bought it anyway because i relly admire the artwork. I would love a print of it in my living room.

danieljuk

I love her art so much, I wish she did pop art wallpaper in her illustrative style :) :thumbsup:

I tried to bid for some of her industrial kitchen products on ebay, like containers and stuff and omg the price went insane!

We all have different tastes in art which is fabulous! This is exactly my style, modern, pop arty and brightly coloured!

Although I discussed the deck in the past with an AT friend outside of the forum and she said she found the art primitive, I thought that was really interesting, I would say modernist and minimalist :p

gregory

I fully agree!!! I absolutely did not click either.

There is absolutely NO WAY that I would have bought this deck by just looking at it. The pictures did not do one single thing for me. Personally, it is not my style of art. Period.

..... but that was before my curiosity was sparked from all the enthusiasm from this thread.

The infamous 4 of cups was there in the reading where the wine got sprayed on the cards, and it was very significant.

In that case it was her squishing her husband. There she is sitting on him. She was not hearing him because she was so focused on doing what she thought was right. She did not even realize that she was not listening to her husband (and the kids) because she was so focused on preserving the family unit.

Another one of the cards in her spread was the was the 8 of cups.The kids were graduating and in the process of leaving home. She was very nervous the kids would just go live their lives, forget their Scottish heritage, and drift apart as a family unit. Preserving the family bond is very important to her. She was doing everything in her power to maintain the close knit family bond as the kids leave to become independent.

The 3 kids are right there as the 3 mountains with heads in the 8 of cups. (I would scan the card, but I need to renew my membership here.) All three are communicating, but the person walking up the path was so intent in their world, they did not even notice. When I pointed this out, she said. Two of my kids are really outspoken and the 3rd is much quieter. 2 of the mountains are saying a great deal, while the 3rd has important, but is more soft spoken.

I also, just now see that the one cup with the outflow of water that is being left behind looks like "water under the bridge". I never noticed the path could look like a bridge until right now.
That's the kind of thing that always happens to me ! I can't remember what card it was now, but it was one not usually including water, and there was a tiny boat - which summed up EVERYTHING for me and the sitter ! It was a sort of "get outta here now" moment.... (Found it - 6 coins - the guy actually OFFERS the boat !)

And that Sun, trying to save Icarus. And Hierophant includes the Tower - kind of appropriate when you think of the good religion can do - and the bad. Death - with a star blowing a raspberry... })