List of tarot myths

chrissydogz

#1:never let children touch your cards. #2:dont wash your hands after giving a reading. #3:you will remain a virgin forever if you read tarot lol...

Alta

And how does rule 1 fit in with rule 3 exactly? :joke:

gregory

Alta said:
And how does rule 1 fit in with rule 3 exactly? :joke:
I guess they don't mean YOUR children ... :laugh:

chrissydogz

lol and i guess most of us have certainly debunked the virgin myth...lol(i know its none of my business but most people i know who read tarot have had sex atleast once in his/her lifetime or they are married)

Morwenna

So what happens if loss of virginity precedes Tarot use? :D

gregory

Morwenna said:
So what happens if loss of virginity precedes Tarot use? :D
You'll always be a crap reader. :) AND the devil will get you as well !

Umbrae

gregory said:
You'll always be a crap reader. :) AND the devil will get you as well !
Unless you loose your virginity TO the Devil, in witch case you'll be a terrific reader, and the Devil will enjoy you...

QueenxxCups

It may have been mentioned already, but one that sticks out in my mind is that the sitter should always shuffle and cut the cards themselves.

MareSaturni

One myth I heard of recently:

If the Magician is on the bottom of the deck after you finished shuffling it, it means that the deck is "closed" and will not answer your question. You'll have to ask something different.

carcinya

Highly entertaining thread!

Allow me to contribute a few myths I've heard among (otherwise quite skilled) French readers:

- You can only read with the Major Arcana
- You can only read with Tarot de Marseille
- Justice is 8 and Strength is 11
- You should not read with somebody else's deck
- You should not read too often or do frivolous readings

In my family, many women read the tarot and follow those old French traditions. My mother for instance is very skilled, but her reading style is very different from mine. ;)