Ltd edition Bohemian Gothic bags; they're up!

Aerin

MoonGypsy said:
Karen and Alex have had such an overwhelming response to everything; i can't imagine the pressure...
It is a bit challenging from both sides, to be sure.

That's why I'm not cross. Does no good, no-one set out to not send me my bag.

I am hoping beyond hope that I get a 3 of Wands somehow. The Lovers and also the Memento Mori come close behind too.

It'll be a complete lottery though, Karen said on fb that they may find more to list but it will depend on if I am online at the right moment.

PathWalker

But when they offered pre-order they said

"We will also have a special offer - at a special discount, you can add to your order a limited edition bag (with limited edition tag) made with special vintage fabrics and in prints from the new edition. We will send details of this offer in our newsletter so you'll have a chance to add a bag with no additional shipping cost."

When you clearly state "you can add" that doesn't suggest to the customer that there's some lottery of who will get the chance and who won't.

I know it's my disappoiinment speaking here, but for someone who has never been able to add the 1st edition BoHo to their collection, this was a real high point. Now it's not :(

hippiewitchie

Holy Smokes! Gone already?!?!? I did order 1 LE bag this morning (well, a Momento LE and a regular Strength while I was there with my card out and all...) and a - glad I jumed on it. But I ordered 2 Pewter decks and would want another LE bag- I just couldn't decide between the 5C, 3W, or the Queen so I figured I'd sleep on it and order it later in the week or next weekend. You snooze you lose? On the bright side, I can pay off my credit card while the Baba crew goes diving through thier vintage silk boxes again.

Sounds like Baba got blindsided by the demand- Silly Girl! Have you no idea what a hot little baby you got there? :)

AineFoley

PathWalker said:
But when they offered pre-order they said

"We will also have a special offer - at a special discount, you can add to your order a limited edition bag (with limited edition tag) made with special vintage fabrics and in prints from the new edition. We will send details of this offer in our newsletter so you'll have a chance to add a bag with no additional shipping cost."

When you clearly state "you can add" that doesn't suggest to the customer that there's some lottery of who will get the chance and who won't.

I know it's my disappoiinment speaking here, but for someone who has never been able to add the 1st edition BoHo to their collection, this was a real high point. Now it's not :(

I think you're nitpicking - nowhere does it say you are guarenteed a bag - they do not automatically come with the deck, they are an optional extra and as it happens people snapped them up like hotcakes when they became available.

First come, first served - it's as simple as that. I can understand that you are upset, but no one is at fault. Karen and Alex have been wonderful putting all this work into re-issuing such a well-loved deck. The bags are just little extra treats and there WILL be standard bags available from images from this deck - so if you do want one somewhere down the line you will get one.

PathWalker

The newsletter states

"Limited Edition drawstrings
Our special LE bags (wtih a gold and red "Limited Edition" side tag for authenticity) are now coming into the shop.
If you have bought a Bohemian Gothic deck from us you're entitled to a bag at a slightly mad 20% off with free shipping."

They use the word"entitled"

That's not nit-picking - in the UK there are laws about what you say in advertisments, and how they must be matched by what you do. That is mis-representation :(

Storm82

I missed out completely !!
very disapointed

will the preorder custumers be able to buy the bags later? and will there be velvet bags?

and why didnt you let the preorder custumers buy these bags first?

lunakasha

PathWalker said:
The newsletter states

Our special LE bags (wtih a gold and red "Limited Edition" side tag for authenticity) are now coming into the shop.
If you have bought a Bohemian Gothic deck from us you're entitled to a bag at a slightly mad 20% off with free shipping."

That's not nit-picking - in the UK there are laws about what you say in advertisments, and how they must be matched by what you do. That is mis-representation :(

I'm pretty sure I remember this question being raised back when the preorders for the decks first started. A lot of people were asking about the bags, and I got the impression that there would be plenty of bags for anyone who preordered the deck and wanted a bag to go with it.

I never imagined that these bags would sell out in a couple of hours, or that the customers who preordered would not be notified or given a chance to order (or preorder) one of the bags. With nearly 1000 decks preordered, there should have been at least half that number of bags available for those who wanted them.

Like PathWalker said, I expected the bag to be available later, as it was mentioned as part of the "deal", and an incentive for preordering.

~Luna

AineFoley

Wow! Are you kidding me? What it means is that people who HAVEN'T bought the deck aren't entitled to the discount!

You said you got the email about it at the same time as I did (I'm in Ireland) - I didn't order my bags for an hour after I received this email. Why didn't you order when you got the email???

PathWalker said:
The newsletter states

Le Fanu

I get a PM from a dear AT friend as I was dashing out to work at 2pm on the dot telling me they were up (I really should have left by then but I thought "what the heck, Im not going to be a stickler for punctuality when there are baba bags to be had!") I immediately dashed over and ordered my Momento Mori bag and promptly started this thread.

That must have been about 2.05 p.m

All this talk of emails/newsletters. I hadn't even been to check my emails at that time (still haven't; no idea whether I have the newsletter. I come to AT before I check my emails! It's called being obsessive...)
MoonGypsy said:
i know a lot of folks are going to be very disappointed, but i also am feeling very protective of Karen and Alex's feelings. They go above and beyond to try and give the best products and customer service i have ever seen. i speak from personal experience over the last 3 years. :love:
i humbly ask that we please don't overwhelm them with too many unhappy comments...
What she said! :*

shadowdancer

I think it has come down to time zones here. I am in NZ... now just gone 8.30am and am logged on for the first time in hours.....

yep they have all gone. They were always going to prove popular. The quality of a MRP bag is second to none.

Davina