Maroon Tarot TSG - The High Priestess (Kaplanka)

Gayla

That is an amazing story Maja....and it makes perfect sense.

There is something very special about this deck and I agree it is a deck for special purpse only.

You know, in my experience I have found digitally designed decks lack the depth of a hand drawn deck, but that is not the case at all with this deck. Your Tomek is a very gifted artist and the partnership between you and him appears to be a very adept because it reflects in every card.

To me, this is a very contemplative deck because she can't actually look into the face of each character; therfore, one's focus is forced on the deeper meaning.

I can see the 'therapeutic measure' angle as well. The glow and color of the cards is just the right combination to envoke a sense of peace and serenity. Even the death card, it takes on a whole need meaning because it makes us look at the sensetive side of the reaper. :)

And honestly, in my opinion, the absense of a companion book is a good thing from a study perspective because it leads the student to develop their own interpretations.

Oh, and my third eye? Well, I'm in denial about needing glasses for my first two...so I guess I can say it's doing just fine. ;)

Educatio

scrapbook of emotions and thoughts

Hello:)

digitally designed decks lack the depth - that's often true. However, with the Maroon Tarot it may be different 'cos the preparation stage is not on the computer so "the human touch" is there in the deck:)

the companion book:
here is my opinion: I've got my own notes on the Maroon Tarot but who am I to force my interpretation of the cards? I'm just a humble middleman co-ordinating the idea, the higher powers and the artist ;) I will repeat myself: the cards lead their own life and I am not able to close the possibility of interpretations that would vary from my visions and I would not like that.
I've got a dream of preparing the companion book to the Maroon Tarot that would be a scrapbook of the thoughts and emotions of people who use the Maroon Tarot and not just one person. I'll see how it goes...

:)

as to the glasses: hmmm I'm sitting in front of my laptop and my forehead is awfully frowned so that to focus my sight and see better;)
where the heck are my glasses?!
am I in denial as well?;)))
I need to rethink that as denial in this area = lots of wrinkles. hmmm;)

Gayla said:
That is an amazing story Maja....and it makes perfect sense.

There is something very special about this deck and I agree it is a deck for special purpse only.

You know, in my experience I have found digitally designed decks lack the depth of a hand drawn deck, but that is not the case at all with this deck. Your Tomek is a very gifted artist and the partnership between you and him appears to be a very adept because it reflects in every card.

To me, this is a very contemplative deck because she can't actually look into the face of each character; therfore, one's focus is forced on the deeper meaning.

I can see the 'therapeutic measure' angle as well. The glow and color of the cards is just the right combination to envoke a sense of peace and serenity. Even the death card, it takes on a whole need meaning because it makes us look at the sensetive side of the reaper. :)

And honestly, in my opinion, the absense of a companion book is a good thing from a study perspective because it leads the student to develop their own interpretations.

Oh, and my third eye? Well, I'm in denial about needing glasses for my first two...so I guess I can say it's doing just fine. ;)

Gayla

That is a great idea Maja...a companion book of collective interpretation, very original.

silverwings94

I have to agree with you both on the companion book. Since I started looking at the cards online till mine arrived I have learned alot just by looking at the cards and "really looking" at everything that is around the main person, the background everything.
Having the study group has really helped me to look at my cards and not rely on the book for my answers.
Thanks again Maja and Gayla for everything,
Blessings,
Silverwings94

Educatio

The High Priestess according to...

there is a competition on www.kartytarota.pl and Alison sent her entry last week. I do like her perception of the card:
--------

Close your eyes and leave behind the roaring of the Magician's ocean. Let us
descend through the green, glassy depths to the watery sanctuary of The High
Priestess. There is a sunken city here where none may walk.

The Priestess comes.

Veiled in white, she glides through deserted streets. Empty balconies and
darkened windows are her eyes to the soul.

And now *they* come.

Seeping through sleep-lidded eyes, escaping half-parted lips as a sigh of
longing, see the glimmerings of inspiration arise and flit unbidden to her side.

Softer than a moth's wing the snowy nascents unfurl their wings, fragile as
hope. Drawn towards her, she offers no resistance. They roost and settle
birdlike around her, a virginal cloak <uncertain, untested, unsure> they cling
to her like a ship in the desert. She knows soft bodies must harden if they are
to flourish.

Silently, the Priestess carries them past broken wrecks that rust and rot around
her:- dreams cruelly dashed on the rocks of reality, crushed by the ocean's
might above them.

And so they wait.

Waiting for her gentle sloe-eyed assent that the great silver moon, pregnant
with promise, has turned the tides and they may safely strike for the surface to
be born to life at last...

(author: Alison Cross)