"Medieval Chihuahua Tarot" ...completed...

Bhavana

tower with lightening and second pinto

MoonGypsy

i still vote for the Tower >with< the Lightning and i like the 2nd larger Pinto. :love:

tarotlyn

Sorry...i had to remove some of your smilie faces in order to post this post:

I also like that you dropped the "zero" numbering for the Fool, people have different ideas about the Fool numbering and I personally think of it as the unnumbered card
:heart: LOL, Debra, i had forgot i did that, as Pinto's card was made right in the beginning
of the project and hadn't got my bearings about everything totally yet...i just jumped right in.
i am making sure everything is uniform...
Thank you!

I'm back!
I still vote for the Tower with the lightening :love:

For Pinto as our Fool, I like better the 2nd enlarged version We can see him better and "he" is the subject of this card....moreover, once the card will be a "Tarot card" it will be somewhat smaller than what we preview on our PC; so definitely it is the enlarged version that is best!

Now, as I was browsing again through the posts, I looked again at the Moon card and I really love the :thumbsup: 2nd version! and if only 1 Moon card has to be in the deck to keep the cost down; pleassssssssssssssssse could you keep version 2???

There is a "+" about version 2 that is missing in version 1...version 1 is beautiful BUT version 2 is exquisite and enchanting
:heart: LadyZelda, you and MoonGypsy are on the same page with the Moon version 2 ...
...actually she made me do it! LOL ...version one...greenish one was my idea :p

You were right about 'keeping the cost down'... believe me today i have been checking into
the TGC printers pricing...and OMG... (you can read my research summary pricing below in this post)...

The version '2' Moon card WILL be in this deck :heart:
Thank you LadyZelda for letting me know how much you love version 2...

I also like that you dropped the "zero" numbering for the Fool, people have different ideas about the Fool numbering and I personally think of it as the unnumbered card
:heart: Debra, yes that zero had to go...it was because i made Pint's card way in the beginning
of this project ...Now he matches all the other cards!

I'm back!:D
I still vote for the Tower with the lightening;) :love:
For Pinto as our Fool, I like better the 2nd enlarged version :thumbsup: We can see him better and "he" is the subject of this card....moreover, once the card will be a "Tarot card" it will be somewhat smaller than what we preview on our PC; so definitely it is the enlarged version that is best!
Now, as I was browsing again through the posts, I looked again at the Moon card and I really love the :thumbsup: 2nd version! and if only 1 Moon card has to be in the deck to keep the cost down; pleassssssssssssssssse could you keep version 2???
There is a "+" about version 2 that is missing in version 1...version 1 is beautiful BUT version 2 is exquisite and enchanting :love:
:heart: LadyZelda, Thank you for your vote on the tower...and on Pinto's card
...and Version '2' Moon card WILL be in the deck...

Also, i am giving everyone two 'size' options for this deck... (you can see my price/size summary below hon)

tower with lightening and second pinto
:heart: Thank you for your vote on the tower and Pinto's card...

i still vote for the Tower >with< the Lightning and i like the 2nd larger Pinto. :love:
:heart: Thank you my sis for your votes on the tower and Pinto's cards...

:heart:@everyone

1. The Tower (with the lighting) will be in the deck
2. The 2nd version of the moon card (with the magic) will be in the deck
3. There will be NO extra cards, because of printing costs (excepting the intro card and my thank you card)

Size/Price Summary and Options:

i did research all morning for online printers...i have to tell you that they are higher than a
regular large tarot publishing printer! It does cost more to self-publish!

i did compare two different printers (TGC and Printer's Studio) and it turns out that TGC
is cheaper IF i mail the decks out myself. So i would have to order in 'bulk' and then i would
have to pay an initial shipping fee to them to get the 'bulk' decks and then i would have
to mail them out myself to each one of you that wants a deck.

After much thought and racking my brain, here is what i came up with:

1. i will be offering this deck in 'three' different sizes: Regular sized cards, Jumbo sized, and (the not as preferred) Poker sized cards.

Both the Regular and the Jumbo will be exactly proportioned as i made them, but the Poker sized
will be slightly off on the proportions...but okay and cute just the same and more affordable for some.

Prices and other info:

:arrow: Regular sized (tarot) deck:
Printed Cards will be: 2.75" x 4.75"
(This size will show most of the details well and in the same proportions that i made them in )
Cost will be: $27 + shipping...and will need to be paid for before i order them from TGC.

USA Shipping will be by priority mail:
$5.35
Priority Mail®
Small Flat Rate Box
8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"

:arrow: Jumbo sized deck:
Printed Cards will be: 3.5" x 5.5"
(This is size is really beautiful and shows all the details really well and is also in the
same proportions i made the cards in) Even my bear deck came out beautifully in this size...so the Chi deck will be even be soooo much better!
Cost will be: $36 + shipping...and will need to be paid for before i order them from TGC.

$5.35
Priority Mail®
Small Flat Rate Box
8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"

:arrow: Poker deck:
Printed Cards will be: 2.5" x 3.5"
(These will be fine but will not show up as many details as the other two size options.
Plus as i said, the proportions will be off slightly by about 250 pixels height wise ...but still will be very cute and usable)
Cost will be: $20.00 + shipping...and will need to be paid for before i order them from TGC.

$5.35
Priority Mail®
Small Flat Rate Box
8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"

Shipping 'outside' the USA (samples)
Canada...from ? to ($12.95 for Priority flat rate small box)
England...from ? to ($16.95 for Priority flat rate small box)
Australia...from ? to ($16.95 for Priority flat rate small box)

(Note: i can't calculate any cheaper rates unless i have your zip code first...)

You can calculate it yourself here:
http://ircalc.usps.com/?country=10054

ETA: Thanks to :heart: gregory for sharing the following link on another thread...
and i am posting it here because it really is a good one for USPS pricing:
http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/.../Notice123.pdf

Padma

ok, TL, I looked again at your tower card and I still like the lightening one better :) also love card 2 of the Fool, I like Pinto being bigger somehow! ;) those were very reasonable prices you quoted, I thought, and you are giving a lot of size options, which is awesome!
:)

Sinduction

I'm all in for a Jumbo deck!! :D I'm so excited!

tarotlyn

ok, TL, I looked again at your tower card and I still like the lightening one better :) also love card 2 of the Fool, I like Pinto being bigger somehow! ;) those were very reasonable prices you quoted, I thought, and you are giving a lot of size options, which is awesome!
:)
:heart:Thank you Lotus Padma...the Tower with the lightning will be in the deck as well
as Pinto in version 2 of the Fool card. i appreciate your votes!

I'm all in for a Jumbo deck!! :D I'm so excited!
:heart: Sinduction, you will be soooo amazed when you see this deck in the Jumbo size...
i remember when i opened the package with my 'sample' Jumbo sized bear deck...OMG that size is awesome...

:heart:@everyone
i remembered that i needed to make up 2 more cards:
1. Title card with links to Rescue places
2. My Thank you card

So i have been working on both of those, and finished the Title card, and almost through
with my thank you card... i also am half way through with revamping the last card in the
editing.

Once that is done, surely today, then i will be finished with the editing! :party:

THEN i have to upload all the images to TGC printers...and set up a site to purchase the deck from them.
(probably 1 or two days work) Then i have to work on my own site (animaltarot.com) as it
will be the eventual actual selling place for the deck. i am trying to decide if i will go with
paypal on my site or with 2checkout.com...i have accounts with both. i might go with 2checkout.com
because with them, the buyer doesn't have to have paypal, they can use any credit card
they have or their debit card as well. For any money orders or personal checks, people can
contact me personally for that kind of processing.

Any comments about my previous post on sizing and pricing?
:heart: Lyn

Debra

Ok. Here's my thinking.

If the Jumbo and Regular size decks are great, and the smallest deck is not really so great, I wonder if it's worth the trouble of offering the smallest one. It's only a seven dollar difference and that's not so much. If you're trying to keep costs lower for buyers and planning to ship these yourself, you might be able to shave a dollar or two off the US domestic shipping, even including the cost of a dollar-store padded envelope. (The flat-rate box makes sense for something small and very heavy). At any rate, I would consider dropping the small-size option, to encourage people to buy the better ones rather than the false economy of a cheaper but less fun deck.

eta: thanks to moongypsy I've just deleted a long elaborate confusion :laugh:

MoonGypsy

Debra, Lyn said in the really long post--#603:

"3. There will be NO extra cards, because of printing costs (excepting the intro card and my thank you card)"

So, she is only including one Tower, and one Pinto. :heart:

It is a bit confusing and hard to keep up with all the different versions and final card decisions, etc.

Hugs and Blessings,
MG xxx

Debra

RIGHT! Thanks! I did get confused, and I'm editing my post so I don't pass on the confusion to someone else, thanks MG! :heart:

LadyZelda

Sizing and Pricing

Been gone all day! But here am I and ready to share my thoughts....;)

I agree with Debra the small deck is not worth adding as an option, knowing that the quality will not be there. It will look like as if you had not done a good job, even though the real reason is that they were not meant to be downsized. People would be attracted by the price, but even if you warn them that the quality won't be as it should, and they say they are fine with it; you can be sure to have some of them complain in the end...
Thus, if I were you I would not offer the small size.

The Jumbo size might not be the one that will sell the most because of the price and size. If people buy the deck to read with it, there will be those who will find the cards awkward in their hands. For those who will buy it just for collection they might go for a Jumbo but how many of them that will make? Because even in the collectors there will be those who want a "traditional Tarot size"...

Personally, I think that the regular size is best because it is what a Tarot is supposed to be.

But my opinion comes only from what I know from friends, from the customer reviews I read about diverse Tarots, and my own preferences....;)

For the price, I think that $25 or $27 maximum for the regular size deck would be best; but again I have no clue about self-published Tarots. Today, I was at my local stores and I looked up the prices of the Tarots that were on display and the most expensive was $18.99, then if you buy a box set Book/Tarot it was $24.99. In that case people pay the tax but no shipping...Thus, it all depends on the kind of customers you will have.

Debra's idea about reducing the shipping cost by using a padded envelope is worth looking into it. It might bring the cost down, but I guess if you want to make sure you'll have to pack a deck and let the post office tell you what it would cost to ship it first class. But if the customer buys 2 decks that might weight too much and cost more...On that part I'm clueless really.

Hope my thoughts on the subject will be helpful, at least a bit...:love: