Michael's Tarot - Second Edition!!

OnePotato

I have been looking for a copy of this for a while, but apparently it is excessively rare.
Recently, I got a chance to see a copy in person.
It is stunning. Absolutely beautiful.
Clearly, a lot of thought and talent has gone into the creation of this deck.
I think it is uncompromisingly magnificent, both artistically and academically.

So, with a bit more resolve, I went searching, and I got in touch with Michael Kutzer, the artist.
I did some begging.
He explained that a majority of the original 12 copies were given away to friends back in Germany, and that none were likely to part with them.
A number of people had approched him like this in the past.
These are original hand printed and hand colored etchings. Printing and then painting them all was a huge, exhausting job.
So I made a point of telling him how important I think this work is.
I told him it deserves a wider audience than the very few collectors lucky enough to have a copy.
Most people would never even have a chance to see it, let alone own it.
And then........
He said he would print a second edition.
And so he is working on it right now.

If you're not familiar with it, you can see the deck here on his website:
http://www.kutzer-art.com/michaels_tarot.html

There is also a page with contact info.

Though it will still be quite rare, I am very happy that this fabulous work will finally reach a wider audience!

SaintOfScreams

Holy %^&*!!!!!!

Is He Really??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annabelle

I am in utter awe of your powers of persuasion, OnePotato!!! Good gracious - a 2nd edition of Michael's tarot! Wow!

la-luna

Yes normally the first ones will be ready somewhere this month
it's going to be a limited edition once again this tome of only 17 decks.

Papageno

la-luna said:
Yes normally the first ones will be ready somewhere this month

yes indeed ;)

Debra

Gasp, and a bow to the master of persuasion!

la-luna

And not to forget a huge bow to the artist - the creator - the genius - the... Michael Kutzer first for his wonderful labour of great inspiration power and enormous amount of work - and secondly for willing to go through the slave work this new edition surely will be!

This is not merely a tarot deck but a true work of art inspired by each and every muse available in the universe. So if you have the needed budget and love it buy it now you can – this is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Still in need of more information? Read this review by K. Frank Jensen published first in Manteia Manteia # 2, December 1989 http://www.manteia-online.dk/deckreviews/dr006.htm

MrsOnePotato

la-luna said:
Michael Kutzer first for his wonderful labour of great inspiration power and enormous amount of work - and secondly for willing to go through the slave work this new edition surely will be!

The quality of his craftsmanship is superb....the rich depth of shading he achieves in his prints is as fine as any I've ever seen. We are all so lucky he saved the plates and is willing to print a few more...

:thumbsup:
MrsOnePotato

OnePotato

Hey, I didn't do much persuading.
All I did was beg a little bit. :)
I think he's doing it because he knows a masterpiece should be seen by a wider audience than it's had until now.

I'll have a lot more to say about it once I get my copy, and take some time with it.

He's also working on translating the little book from German to English.

Papageno

OnePotato said:
He's also working on translating the little book from German to English.

excellent