Miss Cleo's Deck

Pandora MoonRaven

OK I am a respected reader I swear. Been reading over 20 years..promise. I feel like I should be EMBARRASSED that I like this deck. I know its simple..maybe even a little silly but I like simple. I like the simple drawings and the simple use of color. I like the Egyptian feel and how basic it all is.

I have all sorts of very ritzy decks..my large full glitter illuminated (love it), rohrig this and BBC that. For some reason I like the Cleo deck. I have look at it for years but don't buy it because I know that most think it is just super silly and it gets low ratings etc. But you know what? Today is the day. I am getting a cheap ebay copy to see what happens when I get it in my hands. HAHA. How do you guys feel about it? Go ahead. Lay it on thick. HEHEHEHE.

AJ

I like it very much, and think the backs are amongst the best in the business. It is more honest in it's straight rider-waite cloneship than many of the arty-farty decks that get lots of ooos and ahhhs. So many of those artists don't know squat about tarot or universal symbolism.

I hate the way people throw away their hard earned money on these shysters, but that said, I really liked Miss Cleo, think she'd make a kickass neighbor :)

I trimmed mine, it's in the trimmed deck thread.

Pandora MoonRaven

HAHA Thanks AJ. That was my first thought was it would look great trimmed. I will check yours out!

rwcarter

I'll also raise my hand and say that I like the deck. I think if one didn't know the name of the deck, the reaction to it would be quite different. I'll have to check out AJ's trimmed pics, although I know it will be months before I get around to trimming any more decks....

gregory

Another hand raised. She may be awful, and the video I got with mine certainly is - but the deck is a nice bit of work.

MoonGypsy

i have to admit that i have and like this deck, too. If it didn't have Miss Cleo's name attached to it, i probably wouldn't feel the need to apologize for liking it!:p :laugh: It is really quite readable and <would> look much better trimmed...
As soon as my hand recovers from trimming and corner rounding my Llewellyn, i might *tackle Miss Cleo...:D

*It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it! :laugh:

ETA: just checked out AJ's trimming of the Miss Cleo deck, and it looks simply fabulous! :D i must do it!!!

DaughterOfDanu

This thread reminded me of the deck and I made an offer that was accepted so I have one coming to me. I do find the art somewhat attractive and for its price- why not? :p

It'll be a great edition to my collection. I was too young to really remember Miss Cleo other than someone who my mother considered evil alongside Harry Potter and the like. But looking back at her vids I find them pretty amusing. Her 4 door spread I like because its intuitive and that's something that I've been looking into.

minrice

Wow. I need some of whatever it is you all are smoking. Are you kidding?????!!!!!

I personally think this deck is horrible, a complete mess and waste of trees. Everytime I see it I scream, vomit until I bleed internally and then I die a little bit inside.

I have seen this deck in person, it was one of the decks that was inside of a mystery bag of tarot I bought off of ebay. I was like oh cool, I knew Miss Cleo had a deck but I haven't seen one let me take a look. I had an open mind I swear. Opened the box and I was traumatized for life. I think the artwork is scratchy, I think the colors are garish. To me this deck isn't just "silly" it is FOUL and I really can't stand to talk about it any more actually...

Chiriku

Wow. I need some of whatever it is you all are smoking. Are you kidding?????!!!!!

I personally think this deck is horrible, a complete mess and waste of trees. Everytime I see it I scream, vomit until I bleed internally and then I die a little bit inside.

I have seen this deck in person, it was one of the decks that was inside of a mystery bag of tarot I bought off of ebay. I was like oh cool, I knew Miss Cleo had a deck but I haven't seen one let me take a look. I had an open mind I swear. Opened the box and I was traumatized for life. I think the artwork is scratchy, I think the colors are garish. To me this deck isn't just "silly" it is FOUL and I really can't stand to talk about it any more actually...

Wow indeed. I think you take the blue ribbon for most vehement antipathy towards a deck I've observed to date! Congrats!

I need to go back and look up that deck online again. I have raved here in the past about my affection for Cleo herself and I have been intrigued by her spread, so I am curious as to how I will like the deck. I can barely remember how it looked...brightly colored and pseudo Egyptian I recall?

Terrapin

I have this deck also. Great card stock and as said previous, really nice card backs. The art is a bit cartoony, but well done none the less. The minors are particularly good with the exception of the Courts--don't like them and that's the main reason I don't use this deck. Court cards need some dignity I think and these Courts are really silly looking.