Miss Cleo's Deck

Pandora MoonRaven

Well I made a offer for them on ebay and it got accepted so for an exceptionally low amount of money (trades cost me more) I will be getting this deck. Can't wait to actually see it in person.

Pandora MoonRaven

My Miss Cleo came today. I flipped through it and I am not 100% sure about it so far. I do want to trim it right off haha. Also I will make a bag for it and all. I am going to try a reading with it soon. I am also super very over the top stressed today so maybe that is why I am having a hard time feeling anything for it.

Luckily I didn't vomit, bleed internally and die inside. HAHA (Great..that was tooo funny, love the honesty.)

MoonGypsy

I am also super very over the top stressed today so maybe that is why I am having a hard time feeling anything for it.

Luckily I didn't vomit, bleed internally and die inside. HAHA (Great..that was tooo funny, love the honesty.)

Honey, i think you and i are both experiencing teensy bit of Post Traumatic Stress after our EarthQuake rock and rolling experience...:bugeyed:

i know i am totally off my rocker today...more than usual:p

DaughterOfDanu

I also got my deck. Just opening it. The box is nicer than I expected! The LWB's intro from "Miss Cleo" made me giggle. If I was brave I'd use my friend mr paper slicer and give it a try but even with cheap decks I'm still too scared haha.

I kinda like the drawings. Not like I like a deck like the Shadowscapes but I can appreciate a little simplicity every now and then. I don't get what's going on in the cards at some points but I'll manage through. This won't be a deck I use constantly but its a fun little deck that I think I'll bring out when I'm feeling like a playful ego boost.

greatdane

A little love for the Miss Cleo deck....

I was gifted this by our own dear Delizt. I must admit it is better than I thought it would be. I thought the Egyptian motif was kind of cool, but I wasn't prepared for the decent cardstock, the backs which I really like and even though the art is a little simplistic (it reminds me a little of the kind of comic book look of the Arcus Arcanum, but not as detailed), it does pretty much follow the basic RWS format, minus some of the details.

It's a quite fun little deck.

Tanga

OK I am a respected reader I swear. Been reading over 20 years..promise. I feel like I should be EMBARRASSED that I like this deck. I know its simple..maybe even a little silly but I like simple. I like the simple drawings and the simple use of color. I like the Egyptian feel and how basic it all is.

I have all sorts of very ritzy decks..my large full glitter illuminated (love it), rohrig this and BBC that. For some reason I like the Cleo deck. I have look at it for years but don't buy it because I know that most think it is just super silly and it gets low ratings etc. But you know what? Today is the day. I am getting a cheap ebay copy to see what happens when I get it in my hands. HAHA. How do you guys feel about it? Go ahead. Lay it on thick. HEHEHEHE.

Hmm. I have two reactions to this deck.
One is EWWW! and the other is LOL!
I'd never buy it - I don't like the artwork.
But I can see how it would be a rather fun deck to use.
The title just make's me want to "tune in" with "YEAH! - give me some of that power ma'am!" <punches the air>. I quite like the title.

**P.S. - I actually have no idea who Miss Cleo is or was.

AJ

Personally I like the Miss Cleo deck. It has decent art, follows the Rider/Waite, and had an underlying theme of ancient Egypt.

It is leagues ahead of many current decks in symbolgy.

But then I liked Miss Cleo, whose appearance was years ahead of my interest in tarot but possibly was the seed.

edited to add: I see I posted above also. Obviously I still think the deck is better than many...

greatdane

Tanga and AJ

Tanga, I didn't remember Miss Cleo either. I had remembered seeing it mentioned in the list of decks, but it didn't connect that she was this TV person. Yes, it does make me smile. It is lighthearted whether it means to be or not. I mean the look on the lion's face in the Strength card, some of the other cards, are...kind of...campy? It isn't really detailed. But for fun, and when you a little Egyptian vibe, it is a cool deck.

AJ, I agree with your first sentence. It is decent art, I think easy to read. It may not have all the symbolism of some decks, but it follows RWS closer than many that purport to be RWS. And the cardstock, I think, is really good. Even the backs are kind of cool.

Will this take the place of my favorite decks? No. But for some fun readings, especially with friends who don't read tarot, sure, I might pull out this deck. If you ever have an Egyptian theme party, it would great!

greatdane

AHAHAHAHAH AERIC!

Great impression! :)