MKITKHAVI: Fortune Teller Of The Caucasus

Moonbow

I've just had a little play with the spread in the link you gave Bee, using the Etteilla deck (because it was handy) and I like the spread a lot, but to really get into this system the cards are needed so that you have her interpretations which are written on them. I think the spread could be done with any deck if you take out pips 2-5, the Trumps, and Knights, and if you are very familiar with the card meanings in the deck (which I'm not with the Etteilla particularly).

I'm going to have a fun day with this spread and either the Playing Card Oracle or maybe one of my Marseilles decks. I guess it would work with a Lenormand too. Lots of fun.

Would be interesting to know what the deck itself brings to this.

Bernice

I've got a slick Tally Ho deck standing by ready to use in case the cardstock is flimsy. I also think the spread would be suitable with a Lenormand deck :)

Bee :)

Bernice

Update;

STILL waiting for this deck to arrive. Shaking head in disappointment.
Have a sneaky feeling that the place I ordered it from is out-sourcing and can't find it!

Oh well, I'll be able to keep the cash.

Belinda2

I have a set of these cards, I like them alot, they remind me of some of the older fortune telling decks I have collected.

Bernice

Hi Belinda2,

Pleased to hear that someone has this deck :)
Can you say what the card-stock is like, will it stand up to lots of use?

Bee x

Belinda2

Bernice said:
Hi Belinda2,

Pleased to hear that someone has this deck :)
Can you say what the card-stock is like, will it stand up to lots of use?

Bee x
Sorry I have to say that the card- stock is thin, I only use them every once in a while, and they show some ware already.
Belinda

Bernice

Drat! What a shame. Thanks for leting me know Belinda2.

Belinda2

Bernice said:
Drat! What a shame. Thanks for leting me know Belinda2.

hi If you wanted to you could lanminated them and they would last longer
Belinda

Bernice

Update two:

It's been just over a month now so I've emailed the website to say that if they arn't dispatched within another week to please cancel my order.

Disappointed.

ETA: The suppliers haven't responded to the online retailer. So the order is cancelled :(

Belinda2

sorry to hear that, I got my deck sometime ago so I have no idea where I bought it, I know it was on sale and did not cost much at all.