Modern Spellcaster's Tarot Delayed Until September 18th

Barleywine

This is one deck where I decided to ignore the rejiggering of the correspondences (which I usually do anyway) and the weaknesses in the companion book and just focus on the artwork itself. Le Fanu's comments about the cardstock did give me pause, though, since I was planning to use it in my public readings. I'm not sure how many ham-fisted troglodytes consult the tarot, but the risk is certainly there. However, in practice I've found that many sitters are too timid about shuffling to handle the cards recklessly, so it may be much ado about nothing. I ran the deck by a local wiccan of my acquaintance and she was quite impressed with it.

earthair

I'm trying to ignore the rejiggering...but the knights of swords on a bull and knight of wands on an eagle are just too muddled to ignore for me! I get the feeling that not enough thought went into the correspondence change and what it would do to the court cards. The swords courts are supposed to be elementally fire, but are set against a cold snowy backgrounds. The creators should make up their minds- are swords hot and firey or cold and snowy?! :rolleyes:

Barleywine

I'm trying to ignore the rejiggering...but the knights of swords on a bull and knight of wands on an eagle are just too muddled to ignore for me! I get the feeling that not enough thought went into the correspondence change and what it would do to the court cards. The swords courts are supposed to be elementally fire, but are set against a cold snowy backgrounds. The creators should make up their minds- are swords hot and firey or cold and snowy?! :rolleyes:

Good point. I haven't spent any time with the book (except to try to find some explanation for the pagan symbolism). I just went through the deck and was thinking of Swords as Air, which I felt was well-represented. It is (or was before this discussion) my favorite suit of the deck in a fantasy-art way. I think I will just go right on doing that and find my references elsewhere.