Moon and Hermit

Robin

Hello everyone,
Just a question, if the moon falls into the position of "How someone views another person" what could this mean? I also pulled the Hermit card as a clarifyer. I haven't spoken to him in about 1 week and this is what came up. any suggestions?

Thanks much,
R

MareSaturni

Robin said:
Hello everyone,
Just a question, if the moon falls into the position of "How someone views another person" what could this mean? I also pulled the Hermit card as a clarifyer. I haven't spoken to him in about 1 week and this is what came up. any suggestions?

Thanks much,
R

Well, for me the one sees the other as closed person, or as if the one was trying to isolate himself. Some people have a dire need for communication...if you don't say something in one week, the other thinks there's something wrong or that you are becoming distant.
Or if you are very communicative and suddenly quiets down, some may think it's weird...then see you as the Moon and the Hermit.

Hope that helps ;)

:TPW Yuko

Robin

Yes thank you.

raeanne

Hi Robin,
The Moody Blues (one of my favorite bands of the 60s) would often use the spoken word in their albums. Their album “Days of Future Past” has a poem about the moon which states:

"Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
Removes the colours from out sight.
Red is grey and yellow, white.
But we decide which is right,
And which is an illusion."

I have always thought this is one of the best definitions of the Moon card that I have heard. Illusion and mystery. The peace and restfulness of night with a touch of fear of the dark. A person with Moon qualities would be secretive, mysterious, not shining with their own light but just reflecting light back. Moon people could be independent and decide for themselves what they want to perceive. This is just my take on this. I look forward to hearing what others have to say.

ArcanoMáximo

"The Time (Hermit) cures all wounds"

I think that someone sees the other person confused, that passed through an unpleasant experience and that have remained some fears and complex (The Moon), but that is learning to surpass them, adding them to his/her experience of life and growing up with it (The Hermit). At least in my own experience I 've had to surpass my own fears many times, and after one see all as a great step, but also I've felt the anguish of the doubt and the confusion, the paralysis in which one don't know what to do, and isn't only a "lunatic" ( in spanish The Monn is La Luna) illusion, but a reality, that is the importance of The Moon. You may be imaging things but all is bassed in real hard events from the pass. For me Hermit is the only way to continue the road and, cured the injuries with the understanding that all is part of the life experience and accepting it, return from the cave and confront the outer world of The Sun again. In my readings i see this happening many times in my querents' lifes too.
AM*

Fulgour

The Moon could signify an attempt to "attract" you,
with The Hermit indicating a sense of feeling distant.

mythos

The Moon could also represent projections. All of our projections are illusionary and deceptive to some extent, because they are parts of ourselves or our wants and desires projected onto a situation or person. The Hermit then could either indicate the need to look within and examine those projections to enable you to see this person as they are rather than as you expect to see them, and, of course, yourself and what you want more clearly and consciously. Or, it may simply represent a more accurate picture of the person in question. Either way, there seems to be some need for introspection and a need to see this person from a wiser, and less shadowy perspective.

mythos :)

Pipkin

Moon + Hermit

Robin said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks much,
R

The moon has a duality aspect to it, regarding a person I would say there are some things on show and some things hidden, this in itself can lead to the label of 'confusing' to some. With the hermit as clarifier too, I would say this is an 'internaliser' someone who thinks on things, mulls things over, takes time out from others to ponder and reflect (interesting that you haven't spoken in a week). I would also say this is a very sensitive person, someone who would react (whether publicly or privately) to what is said and how it's said so taking a measured approach and allowing thinking time before speaking and the tone used would go a long way with such a person. I would also say there could be a strong changeability about the person too.

MercyMe

That person (the one for whom the Moon represents how he sees the other) may see the other as a mysterious person they want to get to know more, but is afraid to pursue. The Hermit says this person is more apt to withdraw, so he may be reticent to approach the other.

~Mercy

Robin

With each and every point a person has made regarding the moon, I think I may understand why that person thinks that I am the moon and further the hermit. thank you all so much for helping. very interesting
Robin